Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please. V2.0.d

Junior Potato
    I’ve got water but nobody has spoken about stool softener yet.

Tomorrow is when physio will be around to get me out of bed.

I last moved my bowel Friday morning.

Junior Potato
    Today wasn’t a very good day.

The nurse looking after me was a complete douche bag. He was very uncaring and disorganised. Everyone else has been absolutely spot-on with their efforts.

At one point I asked for a water jug refill which he got straight away. But two minutes later he was back saying “ooh I’d better get this water for you” and I said “nah you already got it” then he said “are you sure?” and came over and lifted it up and said “oh that’s weird” and stormed off.

Also it’s very warm in here and I can’t cool down
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; October 18th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.

Sort of reminds me of my 2 hernia op recoveries. Ask for some water as I had none. Nurse goes and gets a jug, proceeds to place it on the trolley.... that's out of arms reach. Grrr

Wow! Get well soon!

And yeah. Take your Physio seriously. Even after you leave the hospital.

You'll have good days, and you will have bad days.

Best way to address this is, funny let them bad days overshadow the small victories. It's the small victories that get you back to normalcy

Junior Potato
    The night time staff by comparison are soooo damn nice. I’ve had a good sleep and they’re so caring and attentive. Trying to position my leg is the hardest part of all, and they’re willing to help a lot.

I got woken at 4am for a blood pressure check and felt like I needed to pee. Turns out the day shift guy hung my catheter bag too high and kinked the hose and it wasn’t draining. This shit should be part of the basics of nursing: make sure shit is in arm’s reach and that the bag drains properly goddammnit!

Junior Potato
    Also I forgot to mention that the day guy failed to hook up my IV correctly when he brought me back from X-ray after lunch and I ended up feeling like I had a fever.

That free healthcare sounds swell.

Hope you recover soon, despite the "socialized medicine", as Americans called it in the mid 1980s when I travelled from Toronto to courses in Chicago. You would be providing them with some good anecdotes, it sounds.

(Strangely, the Unix, later Linux, crowd didn't tend to drift their conversations around to that so much when I travelled to the States several times in the 1990s).

Your daytime nurse sounded like one I dealt with at the rehab facility. Just lacking attention to detail. My main advantage was, I knew what was right, and was higher educated than her at her job. I also want afraid to advocate for myself.