Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please. V2.0.d

Most are And they make good coin in most parts.

You must have broken the lower part of your leg pretty good to deserve an external fixator to be applied. Got any photos of that?

Junior Potato
    It’s actually only got some fine fractures in it so it’s nothing major. The EF is doubling as a support to keep my leg fixed at this angle.

I told my mum I was getting one but she’s got a lot going on in her brain right now, and her response when I sent her a photo was full on

Holy fuck. You don’t muck around do you. I’ll be sending that pic to the boys immediately. Are you in much pain and discomfort. Blooody hell I can’t get my mind around how much metal is there. You said screws and I thought little ones in the bone. Crikey!!!!! Try and get some sleep I’ll contact you tomorrow. I wasn’t planning to come up tomorrow but if you need me to I will. Love you lots. Omg that is over the top

Get well soon, hope you can wind yourself up again for the physio. I'm glad the nursing staff are supporting your morale at this challenging time, too

Ah, shit. Sorry bout this mate. About that ...

You'll *NEED* to take one stool softener for each painkiller. Maybe for your anti inflammatory. Maybe for your muscle relaxer, if they give you one. Trust me on this.

Read all that fine print; if it says "may cause constipation," take one stool softener with it. It took me too long to realise that both my muscle relaxer and pain killer were having the same effect, and I was only taking one stool softener since I was taking them both at the same time. Saved my bum hole by taking one for each medication.

Any way, I really hope you feel better soon, and get better before that.

Might be too soon, but i'm interested in a post event analysis.
    What happened? What were the circumstances. Time. Weather. Zodiac events. (i've heard if Taurus is retrograde ... just kidding mate.)

In my crash, Feb 2019, there wasn't much I could do; controlled left turn, struck from behind by a car that came from the straight ahead lanes. Cell phone addicted driver. I didn't have any cars in front of me, and none behind me, so I kept my eyes on my mirrors in order to skedaddle if I needed to. Looked for an instant, saw the light turn green, before I could even twist the throttle I was hit. They estimated they were going 40mph on a road with a 50mph limit.
    There's a thread on advrider where a bunch of people who believe "there's always something you can do to prevent the accident" try and try to tell me what I could have done differently, but always seem to end up saying "you shouldn't have been in that lane, at that intersection, at that moment in time." Well, if I could tell the future i'd be more interested in lottery numbers and what's between Charlize Theron's legs (insert any mega hot, smart, female celebrity) than which night to avoid what intersection, in/ on what vehicle. But I digress.
    Anyway, be kind to yourself. Especially if there was a concussion, be very kind to yourself.

Get better quickly.

Whoa dude that is crazy hardware. I hope you heal fully in time. It will take a lot of time.

The most I ever suffered was a toe fracture at work. A heavy metal part fell on it and crushed it because I wasn’t wearing steel-toed boots. Had the cast, crutches and the whole deal for almost two months. I posted about it on a previous GTX. This was in 2010, and it still hurts from time to time, (mostly just the scar tissue), but toe functionality is almost the same as it was before the injury. Doc said I was probably going to lose the toe, but was able to save it by maintaining a strict and rigorous schedule for taking my meds. Painkillers and more importantly antibiotics to prevent infection.

So in the immediate future I suggest you focus on a schedule for your meds, especially after you leave the hospital...which I’m guessing won’t be for a while yet. Best of luck, mate!

Junior Potato
    Yeah might be here for two weeks. I’ll be following the medical advice very closely.

Dang, looks to be a long road ahead. Nice to see you in decent spirts and posting right away. Stay strong!

Junior Potato
    Free healthcare with lunch provided. This is what government tyranny looks like.

Also, I forgot to mention it and Mo beat me to it.

Drink a fuck ton of water, and a fuck ton of stool softener. It isn't said enough.

Opioid Induced Constipation is a MOTHERFUCKER.

Like. I'd go through having a crumbling pelvis before I'd deal with that shit again.