Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts, Prayers and good wishes are needed please. V2.0.d

That's a ripper! Get well soon mate 🤞

Hope you get a better day nurse and work hard in physical therapy after the swelling/inflammation goes down. Hugs

Junior Potato
    I’ve had patient transfer from Brisbane back down to the Gold Coast, so I’m close to family and friends

The beds are much more comfortable here too!

Hope the nurses are also hotter looking?

Junior Potato
    Quick update for those not on Facechook:

I’ve been discharged and I’m finally home.

That was a long-arse roundabout way of going about getting home…

Junior Potato
    Also I went through a four-ligament knee reconstruction so I’m wearing a PCL brace on my right knee and zero weight bearing for six weeks post-op (which was two weeks ago). Physio is all about getting my leg moving again, the goal is to bend through a 0-90 degree range by the six week mark.

Prior to discharge I had my dressings changed plus a wound review, with the ok to have about 50 staples removed from the surgery entry points, which was… interesting.

I’m getting around on crutches at home and all that jazz. I spent the whole afternoon setting up myself to live reasonably comfortably, but I can’t carry things around on crutches so parts of everyday living will be tough.

In total: 24 days in hospital, two surgeries, two theatre bookings, two surgeons, two anaesthetists, an external fixation made from titanium, two ambulance rides, about 40,000,000,000mg of painkiller, one donated tendon from a cadaver, one ROM brace, one PCL brace, 69 meals, 46 shots of Clexane, and a team of doctors and physiotherapists.

Total cost $0

But I did go to the chemist with my prescriptions and that cost me $120!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Jesus.

You'd probably be lucky if you got out of that whole thing here for less than $100K, WITH insurance.

Administrator
    $100K *might* cover the 24 days in the hospital, but I don't think it'd cover much more.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Exactly. Actually, I phrased it incorrected, I meant owing less than $100k AFTER insurance.

America, fuck yeah!

I think our insurances will cover most(80%) and if deductible is reached, there should be no more out of pocket? Will typical americans with insurance really end up owing $100k after a similar accident? That's crazy. Then we might as well not get insurance.

Anyway, congrats on the discharge! When will you start riding again?