Page 97 of 179 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

With all those undercut overcut going on, who knows which is going to help who? I’m often confused and I think sometimes even the best strategists could get it wrong.

I’m more interested in the actual race between the 2 championship contenders. I get the feeling Max will let Lewis have it during the race… just don’t know what IT might be…

Hamilton dicking around in the pit like that was really freaking lame. I’m beginning to lose more respect for him.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It's going to rain and then the punditry are going to eat their hats.
    acket.

My hat is likely edible to a point.

Junior Potato
    I think successfully digesting a hat is the more important task, and I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to do that given the situation we are faced with.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    It's going to rain and then the punditry are going to eat their hats.
    Indeed, the rain definitely made for an interesting race.

Lady Luck not on Max’s side again!

At least there weren’t any 51g crashes…

Pretty sure Max could’ve won this one, considering the rain? Anyway haven’t even seen the race highlights on YouTube yet… so I’m pretty sure I don’t know what I’m talking about…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Vettel is under investigation. Did not have enough fuel for the mandatory one litre sample after the GP.
    acket.

Have never seen a single car restart. That was interesting.

I’m assuming Bottas will get a huge bonus for being the best teammate in the world.

Spoiler:
    I feel sorry for Max. Prodigiously talented, finally gets a car physically capable of winning a championship, and wiped out through no fault of his own two weeks after an accident that was 'predominantly' not his fault.

Couldn't believe seeing the one-car restart. Toto defended it, but to me that was a duff call. In changing conditions the golden rule is to be on the right tyre at the right time, even if you have to pit, pit and pit again to do so. To give one example, I don't believe Jenson would have declined the chance to pit had he been in Lewis' place. Anyway, it is what it is and Lewis made the best of the situation in the end.

Bottas screwed up, but looking at his mistake more closely, he had two cars pinch him suddenly just before the braking point, so abruptly lost both visual references, downforce, and freedom to pick his line. Also worth noting he's not really a first-lap nutcase, it's vanishingly rare for him to cause or get taken out in first-lap mayhem. So, much as I'd like to pile on the Valtteri hate train, I don't think it's an egregious error - the consequences were dramatically out of proportion to the misjudgement I think.

It was an exciting race, regardless. And one that leaves the championship battle in an exciting place at the start of the summer holiday.

It's funny how the Hungaroring has been slated for being such a hard place to pass for decades now, and yet seems to rather often yield exciting races, to the point it's a valued part of the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Have never seen a single car restart. That was interesting.

I’m assuming Bottas will get a huge bonus for being the best teammate in the world.
    Alonso did a good job slowing down Hamilton too!

YouTube highlights only showed max during lap1… so whatever happened to him? Car damaged or just slow?

[edit] okay read an article, I guess max sustained damage to salvage a 10th place…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 1st, 2021 at 11:22 AM.