Page 175 of 179 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

Can't fault F1 drivers for pushing things to the limit!

However, yes, the inconsistencies are getting silly. We need less rules that rely on a 'human' officials to make the proper calls. If human intervention is absolutely needed... then maybe a red flag or pause or time out like in ball games to sort things out properly?

2021 officials were truly a disasterours. Ham's lost was hard to swallow and Max's win wasn't very satisfying. However, it was awesome watching them drivers push to their various limits to one up each other.

Do you think DRS encourages dive bomb attempts? Seems like most the ludicrous dive bomb attempts come after DRS zones because it gives them a false sense that they can attempt something they would never normally be able to attempt. Maybe if updated aero regs actually work then we could do without DRS.

Junior Potato
    I think the answer might lie in enforcing the rule that an overtaking driver shall leave room on the track for another car on the exit of a corner.

These dive bomb passes seem to be evolving into a sort of dirt track slide job that you see with sprint cars, but there is less gentlemanly finesse seen in F1 than in local weekend dirt racing if you can believe that.

These F1 drivers are using pure corner speed to overtake in a corner, rival be damned, rather than allowing it to be a fair duel. The suggestion that DRS could be influencing it may be correct in that the following car has a higher relative speed and will thus force its way onto the apex if you accept that braking distances only change very slightly.

But that doesn’t explain why we see it in slower corners. It’s a behavioural thing, and we have evidence of it being practiced in junior divisions.

I am really anxious to see the new cars and how each constructor differs in design. I imagine they will look quite different than the mock mule car that has been shown for awhile now.

Administrator
    Yeah, for all the talk of Max doing this to people, Lewis does it constantly as well. It's now the right way to pass in a corner, because most of the time even if the driver on the outside is able to avoid contact and maintain position, they'll just be forced to give it back for exceeding track limits. I still think it was that kind of move that led to the crash at Monza - Lewis sent it into the first part of the chicane and Max had to go wide to avoid contact, he hit a sausage kerb unsettling the car coming into the second half and they crashed. Max probably could have avoided some of that by cutting the second half of the chicane, but then he risks being forced to give up the position.

I'd like to see them change the rule that if someone has to go off track to avoid a crash, then they can't be considered "gaining an advantage" by using runoff.

EDIT: That was in response to RWA, not a weird tangent off how the new cars look.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, for all the talk of Max doing this to people, Lewis does it constantly as well. It's now the right way to pass in a corner, because most of the time even if the driver on the outside is able to avoid contact and maintain position, they'll just be forced to give it back for exceeding track limits. I still think it was that kind of move that led to the crash at Monza - Lewis sent it into the first part of the chicane and Max had to go wide to avoid contact, he hit a sausage kerb unsettling the car coming into the second half and they crashed. Max probably could have avoided some of that by cutting the second half of the chicane, but then he risks being forced to give up the position.

I'd like to see them change the rule that if someone has to go off track to avoid a crash, then they can't be considered "gaining an advantage" by using runoff.
    Yeah, in the case of Max and Lewis shoving people off as they pass them, that's a bit different from two other situations and it really depends on the people doing the stewarding for each particular race.

Another situation is the "never going to make the corner" pass, which I think only Max does it regularly, and which Leclerc and Vettel have been vocal against.

The one thing that really irks me is the Masi-instigated "do whatever the fuck you want on lap one, I really don't care" rule, which IMHO evolved into the "I'll do whatever the fuck I want for a restart, you peeps can eat shit" protocol.

A couple of examples:

acket.

Include Verstappen and Button?

Dude!

Exclude Fangio and Clark?

Fuck off!
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Exclude Fangio and Clark?

Fuck off!
    Hill and Moss missing as well. Clark and Fangio are truly outstanding misses.
    Also... Villeneuve Sr.? One of the most overrated drivers in F1, rest in peace buddy.

And if you said this life ain't good enough
    I would give my world to lift you up
    I could change my life to better suit your mood
    Cause Stewart's so smooth

[Guitar bridge]
    acket.

Do you guys actually watched the oldtimers race? I'm assuming we can find it on youtube?

I got into F-1 around 1988 I think. I really had little interest in F-1 historical stuffs because I'm more interested in the leading edge of technology..., but now I'm getting older, maybe I should start looking at some old stuffs...

I've heard of those F-1 legends, but quite honestly don't know them well enough to really rate them.

Anyway, it's kinda hard to have the perfect F-1 driver. At least with just the drivers that I know, the best driving with his heart driver is Senna. The best driving with his brain driver would be Schumacher. It'd be kinda hard to rate between the 2. If Senna didn't die prematurely, would that make a dent in Schumacher's championship wins? Probably, but not sure by how much.

Hamilton is like a good compromise between them two of them, but I'm not sure he's the type of driver who could still drive his heart out in an inferior car like Senna...

Max is still kinda too new to rate, but I think he's heading toward Senna's spot. Max, to me, feels like a combo of Vettel(RB heritage who's fast but can get crashy with teammate), Kimi(doesn't give a fuck attitude), and Nigel Mansell (fearless). Max is just interesting to watch, but can he really beat Hamilton fair and square without race director's interference? Will have to wait and see.

Hoping for another tight battle next season.