Page 47 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Junior Potato
    It's in a parking lot around a sports stadium in the middle of suburbia.

So good!

Some answers to my earlier questions:

Spoiler:

Is the season really gonna be the equally balanced battle we hope? Yes, looks like it I'd say, Red Bulls slightly faster but very close. Championship lead is now one point.

Can Alpha Tauri capitalise on their promise and be third-best in the race? No, Gasly was on the wrong tyres (full wet) at the wrong time which is fatal in changing conditions, Yuki Tsunoda made a couple of significant errors.

Without car damage, will Danny Ric equal/beat Lando? No, Lando was >1 second a lap quicker at Imola, a remarkable gap. Great work to take third, Lando could perhaps start to look like a future champ if he keeps this up.

Are Ferrari as strong as they looked? Yes I guess? Basically neck and neck with McLaren for best of the rest again.

Can Seb get on top of things, or is it all downhill from here? No, poor in qualy and the race. A cynic might suggest that Vettel was hired to make Stroll Jr look good, certainly he's achieving that.

Is the Williams going to be better here than at windy Bahrain, and can Russell make up for his error last year? Yes Williams looked a lot better at Imola, justifying the 'our car doesn't like the wind' line from the team last race. I guess Russell didn't actually make up for his error as he didn't bring home any points.

What are the odds on Mazespin completing his first F1 race this weekend? Yes he made it. Several spins along the way, and in last place over a minute behind his team-mate, but he completed the race.

I think Bottas made a misjudgment in moving over on Russell. On a dry track I'd consider that acceptable as he did leave a car's width, but to swerve that late, that quickly when the "car's width" of track you're leaving is cold wet and slippery, well it's asking for an accident. I don't think Russell did anything wrong... apart from remonstrating with Bottas afterwards, it's important to show self control and not risk damaging a promising career. I understand he was shocked, upset and angry but he shouldn't do that sort of thing for his own sake. Anyway I predict it'll be put down as a racing incident, no fault either way, although perhaps the violence of the consequences might push the stewards into awarding a penalty; if so I'd say Bottas should be the recipient.

Pity Hamilton fell off passing traffic, spoilt the fight for the lead, but he did great to come back to 2nd (helped by the stoppage).

Well done to Max, a great drive when everyone else made mistakes, he almost made one of his own behind the safety car but caught it. Looked great today and a well deserved victory.

Checo must be v disappointed, hopefully he can bounce back as he showed a lot of potential in the Bulls yesterday.

Season is still young, I suspect some of the the answers might change as time goes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    I'm not.

The only one that should not be in F1 right now is Mazepin.
    Anyway, RB’s race outcome is no longer surprising... hope Perez can put the pressure on Max on race days too. Perhaps rain didn’t do any favors for Perez whereas Max is known to do well in rain...

Lastly I regret picking Alonso and Vettel in my fantasy league now, things are not looking good for them... also regret not picking Lando! If Lando could consistently beat Danny, future is gonna be bright for that boy! Still not counting Ricciardo out yet, he may just need a bit more time to get used to the team?

At least the Russian finished a race, ahead of some folks... still, I’d agree he needs to go.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 18th, 2021 at 08:12 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I found the race on the boring side. Not a lot of racing to speak of.
    acket.

Way too many mistakes by way too many drivers maybe?

I swear Hamilton is the recipient of the best luck...all the time. Seems like every time he makes a mistake things happen to basically give him a do over. So annoying.

Agree with samoht on all counts. I enjoyed the race. If Gasly hadn’t held up the field while on Wets, that battle for the last podium spots would have been quite different.

I think this is Bottas last season with Merc. He’s just not making it happen.

What’s your take on Bottas/Russel incident?

I’m not sure who I’d assign most of the blame...

Hamilton was definitely lucky, but he is also amazingly good! Most drivers probably would’ve given up and jumped out of the car, but he figured out a way to get out of his mess!

His good fortune was delivered to him by Russel and Bottas! Maybe it’s just team work!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I found the race on the boring side. Not a lot of racing to speak of.
    I wonder if we watched the same race! That climb by Hamilton back to P2 was the mark of a true champion. Despite his earlier mishap, that's the sort of hunger that delivers you 7 titles. Nobody else on the grid right now can do that.

Omg you are hilarious...

I have to agree Hamilton has the mark of champion and Lady Luck! No question about that!