Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

I wonder if the reason it hasn't been confirmed is they want to put Albon back there if they don't keep him at RB?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think Horner has said that Albon will be with RB in 2021. He didn't specify if it's going to be race or test driver or ambassador, but the expectation is that he is going to stay in the team.
    acket.

I think we are going to see a backslide of RBR without a power unit deal in place. I have a feeling Renault and Ferrari are going to come back strong next year. And with McLaren running Mercedes PU...should be interesting.

Obviously Mercedes will win by as much or more than they did this year...but the battle for the rest will be closer methinks.

With so many restrictions perhaps it doesn’t matter if you’re racing with an year old Honda?

Mclaren should be on course to take over RP’s spot, maybe even challenge Mercedes?

As for the rest, don’t really know enough to speculate. Maybe Ferrari will do well next year because they’ve put Vettel in a 2021 spec car and testing it the whole time?

If Alonso gave Renault another championship, that’d be really cool... and surprising...

Frank Williams admitted to hospital. Condition stable but a "private matter". I hope he recovers, but I'm afraid having to let go of his work of 50 years has taken a toll on his health.

acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Uh? It's going to be Tsunoda.
    Official now.
    acket.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN28S009

Motor racing-Perez set to replace Albon at Red Bull - reports
    acket.

"Alex is a valued member of the team and we thought long and hard about this decision,” said team principal Christian Horner. “Having taken our time to evaluate all the relevant data and performances we have decided that Sergio is the right driver to partner Max for 2021 and look forward to welcoming him to Red Bull Racing.
    o0o
    acket.

Sergio will miss all that powaaaa!

Really happy to see Checo in at RedBull. I'm not a particular fan or anything, but seeing him drive his heart out this year and losing his seat in favour of a kid whose dad bought the team offended my sense of justice. So this news is really heartening and satisfying to see, really well deserved after how well he's driven. It's not just the single victory, he's had many many really strong drives, keeping the tyres alive while pumping in the lap times to come through the field in a manner that makes qualifying almost irrelevant.

I don't think he'll beat Max in a head to head fight, but I do think he'll do a good job with the car, bring strategic pressure to bear on Merc and nab the odd win when circumstances align. Which is what we all want and need in RB's second driver.