Page 101 of 179 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    McLaren honcho offers thoughts on Ricciardo performance.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/08/03...FbJUbF2QGRhjTk
    Makes me wonder how well can Max do in other cars… also those washed out RB jr drivers might just have driving styles unsuited for the car…

Similarly the young drivers washed out in McLaren as well…

If you end up in a car ill suited for you during early career, that’d suck. I guess a proven winner with nice contract probably gets you more chances… I hope.

FIA should allow drivers to be able to take their cars home to practice/exercise with it…

Happens everywhere. Imagine how many football players washed out because they were in a system that didn’t make use of their talents.

I guess you have to be SO good that they change the system to suit you.

Junior Potato
    Plus we’re talking about a sport where drivers need to be surgically precise lap after lap for two hours. The purported differences in driving style between cars would be a huge mountain to climb.

I remember M. Schumacher always had his cars set very slidey, because his speed came from that edge zone where the grip was about to disappear. Not a lot of drivers could cope with that, and certainly one of this team mates could.

You see it illustrated all the time in MotoGP. Jorge Lorenzo was fantastic on a Yamaha, but hopeless on a Ducati or a Honda.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ramme/6641660/

Once (more than once) an idiot, always an idiot.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Two things. A matte finish will flatten surfaces and minimize volume of an object. It doesn't suit smaller cars like the MP4-28.

The two-seater must be smaller than the current car.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ramme/6641660/

Once (more than once) an idiot, always an idiot.
    There remains a slight uncertainty over whether Dan Tantrum was 'released' as a result of his little karaoke episode, or whether he was released for other reasons, and the latter was his response. And if for other reasons, whether it was as a result of something he did, or just Williams' decision to put someone else in the car.

Anyway, hopefully we've seen the last of him.

Go Jamie, Go!
    acket.

So if you were Toto, would you replace Bottas? (Yeah for sure I would)

I guess now Toto may have 2 options? Russell or Ocon? (I'm still leaning for Russell, but Ocon is also clearly doing a fine job comparing to Alonso)

I also saw an article somewhere with JV predicting a swap between Stroll and Bottas because Toto is a good friend of the Stolls... yeah, that one doesn't quite make sense... as usual JV was probably smoking something...

BTW, what do you guys think of one time winners? This season it's Gasly and Ocon... until their teams improve or move to a better team, it's probably unlikely for them to consistently win... Does one win mean much? If Vettel never moved to RB, he probably won't win more in TR, right? Then again, could Pastor Maldonado win again in a better car? His one win was actually pretty well deserved, right? In Williams' prime, if JV and Pastor were teammates, I wonder which one would win the championship.

I think it was unfortunate for Bottas and Alonso to be teammates of Hamilton. I wish Bottas could do better for himself... not just consistently take it for the team! He is probably the best #2 a team could ever have! Taking out both RBs! How sweet is that! I'd give him extra bonus as I fire him next season!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 6th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

Never since 2016 has an election been simpler.
    acket.

I'd go with Russell.
    I'd rate Maldonado on par with Ocon, Gasly slightly better.