Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

More blah.

Gee, upon closer examination of the car, I just noticed Alfa logo is a serpent swallowing a person? WTF?

Anyway, as long as it can help Kimi win some points, donít care what it looks like.

RBR revealed. Looks like no one is doing anything really different this year aside from Aston presumably. And whoever gets the BWT sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Gee, upon closer examination of the car, I just noticed Alfa logo is a serpent swallowing a person? WTF?
    That's "Biscione": it's the heraldic charge of the noble Visconti family (from which comes also the famous film director Luchino Visconti di Modrone)... a sea snake devouring a youngster. Although the meaning has slightly changed through the centuries and Biscione means "Big Biscia" or "Big Grass Snake".
    It is one of Milano's symbols, of Alfa Romeo, of Inter Football Club and the originary logo of Canale 5, the first Berlusconi commercial tv channel, as well.

EDIT:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscione

Ask me about my bottom br

I like both Honda branding decals. Black on Yellow and White on Black.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br

Although I would have like to see the Claro decal as Red on White, you know, the inversion of the Esso logo.
    acket.

ON THIS DAY - 1966 [2/20/66] TASMAN SERIES, AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX Jim Clark took part in the 31st Australian Grand Prix at Lakeside in a Lotus 39. Graham Hill won the race with Clark finishing 3rd, pole man Stewart DNF'd Photo Copyright - Primotipo Thanks for the support!

67 years ago today [2/21/54], #42 Lee Petty won the 1954 NASCAR Grand National race @ Daytona Beach, #88 Tim Flock got disqualified for solder on one of the screws in the carburetor. Flock was so mad @ NASCAR that he quit driving, but returned in September.

Louis Chiron @ Reims, 1953. Bernard Cahier's photo.

Patrick Tambay, in the #33 Theodore-Ford TY01, being closely followed by a group of cars during the Grand Prix de Monaco in 1981.

Innes Ireland @ Monza, 1959. Bernard Cahier's photo.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post

ON THIS DAY - 1966 [2/20/66] TASMAN SERIES, AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX Jim Clark took part in the 31st Australian Grand Prix at Lakeside in a Lotus 39. Graham Hill won the race with Clark finishing 3rd, pole man Stewart DNF'd Photo Copyright - Primotipo Thanks for the support!
    Immediately upon seeing that image my brain went "Hang on, is that Lakeside?" and it was correct! It is a historic track that thankfully still exists today, but only just. Lap times circa 1 minute in a fast racing car piloted by a driver with massive cags.

Totally wrong thread Xhawkeye...