Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

The entire season was mired in controversies and inconsistent calls… Masi fucked up. Mercedes and Ham also felt like the RD was perhaps favoring Max? Whether true or not, this possibly needs to be removed.

If we need a final green lap, just drop the green and let them race…, or get rid of all lapped cars…, or just red flag it and then restart the race…

Sure, I don’t mind RD making calls but he needs to make fair calls.

There were just too much unfair inconsistent calls and that last lap was the last straw for a lot of folks on Twitter.

I’m a Max fanboy and was pulling for him to win, but even I thought that last lap thing was unfair to Ham.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 19th, 2022 at 08:55 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Michael Masi actually didn’t break the rules, he applied them in a way that hadn’t been done previously
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm a national-level SCCA specialty chief and I've seen good and bad race control at my level. To see it at what is supposedly the top level is very disheartening. To have them not address it is likely terminal to my desire to watch it ever again.
    Fully addressed now. Matter wrapped.

Mercedes’ protest was rejected and Verstappen’s victory was upheld. However the stewards acknowledged in their verdict that article 48.12 of the 2021 regulations “may not have been applied fully” at the time.

The article stated that: “If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message ‘lapped cars may now overtake’ has been sent to all competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.”

In the corresponding article in the 2022 regulations, 55.13, the word “any” has been changed to “all”. The rule now reads: “If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message ‘lapped cars may now overtake’ has been sent to all competitors using the official messaging system, all cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.”
    acket.

Oh, well then, they've really fixed it up haven't they?

(Nothing changed, the operative word is 'required', any/all convey the same quantity)

If Masi truly applied this 'any' rule to the letter under such pressure, then he has really done an amazing job.

However, surely the spirit of the rule wasn't to just ensure the #1 and #2 cars can race together til the end. The word 'any' should also include all the lapped cars behind the #2 cars as well?

Anyway, future RDs and rules just need to be fairer and more consistent in order to fix future problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Oh, well then, they've really fixed it up haven't they?

(Nothing changed, the operative word is 'required', any/all convey the same quantity)
    I suspect that going forward we won't have the situation where some cars are more 'any' than others.

Junior Potato
    I thought this was over, but more things have been revealed by the FIA:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...ob1at2gm56uJ4M

Whilst not directly blaming Masi for the incident, FIA conceded that the regulations were not followed and that “human error” led to the fact that not all cars were allowed to un-lap themselves.

As a result software will now be used to reorganise the field at the end of a safety car period, and the rules have been changed to require the entire field to become unlapped before the end of a safety car period.

The governing body asserts that Masi “acted in good faith”, as the race director had previously agreed with teams to end races under green flag conditions if at all possible on such occasions, but implies last year’s Abu Dhabi race may not have been such an instance.
    The report now finds that Masi DID break the rules. Since I am not an expert I can only agree with that.

But I am still of the opinion that he should have been kept on as one of the race directors.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; March 19th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashie View Post
    Much better!
    I've got news for you:

Responsibility for the official Kawasaki Racing Team MXGP racing activities passes this year to the long-established team set-up headed by ex-GP winner Antti Pyrhonen on behalf of team principal Kimi Räikkönen; the F1 legend has been a life-long motocross enthusiast and, following retirement from his own racing activities, he will devote more time and his extensive strategic experience as Team Principle to Kawasaki’s challenge for the FIM World MXGP Motocross Championship title.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I've got news for you:

Excellent!

"I'll leave you alone you know what to do."

I really never pictured Kimi in this role!