Page 141 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

Sounds right. The only reason we even hear Button's name anymore is that he is English.

JB only survived that long because he has consistently out performed his teammates, isn’t it? Starting with that mega star driver JV?

Only teammate he couldn’t beat was probably Hamilton? But after the rookie totally embarrassed FA, nobody really expected JB to beat Hamilton in the twilight of his career.

Lastly, in F1, the losing teammate always complains about unfair treatment from the team. Seriously though, if you are indeed the better driver, why would your team, who paid you top dollars, deliberately sabotage you and to throw their support for an inferior driver?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    And judging from Barrichello's bitterness, the intra-team battle wasn't all that fair.
    Initial reaction to this comment is that the Brawn GP championship is legendary for how lucky they were that they had the Mercedes engine and the controversial diffuser, so were able to dominate the first half of the season despite having almost no sponsorship. You'll recall Richard Branson announcing that Virgin would sponsor the team part-way through the Australian Grand Prix.

Button had the most points straight away so would have gotten the upgrades first. Given their unexpected success, they would have needed to quickly figure out who was the number 1 driver or risk hampering themselves without some sort of organisation in this regard.

And hey, Formula 1 isn't fair. It never has been.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Frank Owen Williams has left this mortal coil to try and find Ginny Williams somewhere in the afterlife.

Anyway, these guys definitely look like geographic stereotypes.

Except for the bleached-haired idiot who just looks pa*do.
    acket.

RIP Frank Williams.

A remarkable guy and one of the real kings of F1 through the 80s and 90s.

I hope that the Belgian podium, and general upwards trajectory of the team, was of cheer to him this year.

Overtake them!

[Yes, boss]

:')
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Frank Owen Williams has left this mortal coil to try and find Ginny Williams somewhere in the afterlife.

Anyway, these guys definitely look like geographic stereotypes.

Except for the bleached-haired idiot who just looks pa*do.
    Wow, I did not realize JV is about the same height as Alain Prost?!?!?

Anyway, I've always had conflicted feelings for Frank Williams. I loved Williams cars..., but somehow I couldn't help but feel perhaps Frank was too cocky and pretty much dismantled his own team over the years? I don't know all the behind the scene details, but for Nigel to choose Indycar over defending his title? Similarly to also lose somebody like Adrian Newey... I get the feeling Frank felt like he is the one with the magic touch and doesn't need anybody to win? Also to have my all time favorite racer die in a Williams... of course that's probably not Frank's fault, but still... although I respect Frank a lot, but I just don't like him. Anyway, may he RIP still though. Like him or not, he has contributed greatly to F1.

I think both Newey and Nige left of their own accord.

In the case of Newey it has been reported that he felt he was thirdwheeling the bromance between Frank and Patrick. (And then he went to Ron and Mansour's team, )
    acket.

I think it's kinda obvious Frank thinks his cars are super good and it doesn't matter who the drivers are... that's how we have JV?

Rosberg doesn't feel like defending his title is totally understandable..., but it's clear that Nigel has no such teammate to worry about... and he obviously doesn't think he's too old to race anymore... so I think the reasonable conclusion we can draw is that he's not happy driving the fastest car on the grid for a reason. That reason is likely Frank.

When you don't feel respected or appreciated, naturally people feel like packing up and leave. Pretty sure Adrian Newey did NOT leave on a happy note. If Frank wasn't the reason... then there must be something else inside the team causing it to fall apart. I just had no idea it fell so far...

If anyone has more in dept understanding of inner workings of Williams, please do share! Of course I'm only guessing based on odds and end articles that I've read over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I just had no idea it fell so far...
    You'd have to look in the wayback machine. Most of what we saw with the independents (Jordan and then Mallya and Sauber and Williams) was predicted by our own Dudley back in the mid -oughts. It's basically a byproduct of the inflation brought on by the corporatization of F1, where Ford and BMW and Honda and Toyota failed to reign in Ferrari, Mercedes succeeded.

But it all came at the expense of F1 no longer being viable for garagistas like Williams.
    acket.