Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

I have serious reserve about HAAS.

But my voice means fuckall. So.

*Shrug*

Yeah, I have to say Haas is my least favorite looking car so far..., but like I said, I don't really care how a race car look, as long as it's fast... then it'll start to look good in my eyes!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    You mean... like Mercedes is half british as well as Alpine and Mclaren is full british and has not a yota of New Zealand heritage in it? Alpha Tauri is half british and half italian? Alfa Romeo Sauber is what? Half italian half swiss (not taking in account Stellantis - FCA origins)? Haas is owned by an US billionaire, sponsored by Russia and designed in Italy? Red Bull is as austrian as I am japanese.
    Really, in 2021 are you still rambling about team nationality in F1? LOL. No really, LOL.
    Of all of the teams on the grid today, I think only Ferrari, McLaren, Alpha Tauri and Alpine have any claim to extensive heritage.

Ferrari is the obvious one, bring the only continuous team in the field. McLaren, because while itís had a few owners by now, itís a very linear path to trace. Alpha Tauri was originally Minardi. And Alpine, because it has a convoluted history dating back to Toleman 40 years ago.

And everything theyíre all wrapped in is pure marketing guff.

The main difference with Ferrari is that it the team owns the entry licence, rather than it being owned by the company that owns the team.

Heh, takes Russian money to finally make the "American" car Red White and Blue...
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    Flying the American flag high

*sheds tear*

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Ang, was Marelli masterminded by Enzo Ferrari (in his involvement with FIAT) or was it one of the small companies that sprung up and grew around the Italian industrial clusters in the mid-century?

I know they're one of the key partners of Ferrari, like Visteon to FoMoCo, and they've just announced an inverter with 99.5% efficiency.
    Marelli started as a joint-venture with FIAT after WWI, in the province of Milan, so way distant from Ferrari's Emilia Romagna.
    In the 60s FIAT bought Marelli stock actions, so it was basically the owner, all through the decades till 2019: Calsonic Kansei of Nissan fame have bought the italian manufacturer.

I'd say it is more like Ferrari, as a brand, hovering around FIAT made it natural for the two firms to collaborate... more or less they are among the best in Italy regarding automotive market.
    It (Marelli) owns other firms like Weber and Solex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Flying the American flag high

*sheds tear*

My subconscious mind just didn't like the new Haas paint scheme, now I know why!

[oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    Hereís the livery that will take Williams to a very good looking 2nd-last on the grid ahead of Ferrari.