Page 20 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Still mostly F1 pics! Just not 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    That's "Biscione": it's the heraldic charge of the noble Visconti family (from which comes also the famous film director Luchino Visconti di Modrone)... a sea snake devouring a youngster. Although the meaning has slightly changed through the centuries and Biscione means "Big Biscia" or "Big Grass Snake".
    It is one of Milano's symbols, of Alfa Romeo, of Inter Football Club and the originary logo of Canale 5, the first Berlusconi commercial tv channel, as well.

EDIT:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscione
    Very interesting! Thanks!

Since we have no Alfa’s here in US for a long time and I never paid much attention to the details of the emblem... until I saw that enlarged version on that F1 car...

I guess I don’t pay enough attention to details...

Anyway, really looking forward to this season. Don’t care much about the paint jobs. Hopefully these car will be more evenly matched (with the Mercedes).

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but apparently outbound rp sponsor Best Water Technology [was] to be announced as Williams partners.
    Aston Martin has announced its livery will retain BWT logos.
    acket.

2021 is looking like another 2009, in the technical department.

It seems that the new "cut" floor is like another "stacked diffuser" area of opportunity. FWIU, the lack of strakes, ramps and other aero bits ahead of the rear wheels is going to make the underside part of the rear-end have aerodynamic "spills", that is, the space between the track and the car's floor won't be pressure-sealed like it has been in the last few years.

From what ScarbsF1 and other tech bloggers have been posting online the main solution from teams so far is to have a "frontal diffuser" in the area below the mirrors, just in front of the radiator holes. So that air from the frontal area, both streams already conditioned by aero devices (on the front wing and along the nose assembly) and dirty air (caused by the rotation of the tires and the temperature of the brakes), can be channeled a)around the coke bottle to wings at the rear, b)tightly thru the floor and to the the diffuser and, c) away from the rear wheels.

That "frontal diffuser" is made of the nose cape, ramps and delta wings in the bargeboard area and of the shape of the "face" of the sidepods, so whoever gets it right from the get go is going to do a Brawn.

Right now, I'm thinking the 2021 season is an adult actress' holes and Mercedes are all lubed up and ready to go.
    acket.

So far, Alpha Tauri has not run its new car, the new livery was put on a 2018/2019 car with bits from the 2020 car. Red Bull have shown the R16B but with the whole frontal area from another (others?) car, they have a clever new rear wing and DRS actuator. Alfa Romeo just ran theirs today, so I haven't seen the tech breakdowns. Mclaren have run and shown their new car, but the released pictures were edited. Alpine showed a 2020 car with new colors.

From what the teams have shown and what commentators have noticed on the Mclaren, it is very possible that the high-rake cars are going to suffer more with the 2021 rules, so, Macca and Aston Martin should be up there, fighting RB for podiums.
    acket.

I think this artist's impression does a good job of illustrating all the stuff that makes up the key areas of 2021 aerodynamic development.
    acket.

Best pic of the new Alpha Tauri that I could find, not much can be seen of the crucial area, as it's all painted black in there. However the longer, taller, slimmer engine cover gives hints to the ERS configuration of the all-new Honda PU.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    2021 is looking like another 2009, in the technical department.

It seems that the new "cut" floor is like another "stacked diffuser" area of opportunity. FWIU, the lack of strakes, ramps and other aero bits ahead of the rear wheels is going to make the underside part of the rear-end have aerodynamic "spills", that is, the space between the track and the car's floor won't be pressure-sealed like it has been in the last few years.

From what ScarbsF1 and other tech bloggers have been posting online the main solution from teams so far is to have a "frontal diffuser" in the area below the mirrors, just in front of the radiator holes. So that air from the frontal area, both streams already conditioned by aero devices (on the front wing and along the nose assembly) and dirty air (caused by the rotation of the tires and the temperature of the brakes), can be channeled a)around the coke bottle to wings at the rear, b)tightly thru the floor and to the the diffuser and, c) away from the rear wheels.

That "frontal diffuser" is made of the nose cape, ramps and delta wings in the bargeboard area and of the shape of the "face" of the sidepods, so whoever gets it right from the get go is going to do a Brawn.

Right now, I'm thinking the 2021 season is an adult actress' holes and Mercedes are all lubed up and ready to go.
    Interesting! So I guess if Newey failed to capitalize on the rules this year, RB just might never catch up to Mercedes?

Also hoping Ferrari has found a new way to cheat and go faster? I want to see Charlie boy do well too!

Perez also said that after test driving RB, he could understand why it was hard for all of Max’s previous teammate to get used to it...

He didnt exactly spell out what is it, but I guess the car must be a nervous wreck to drive?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...r/5496189/amp/
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 26th, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

I guess this isn’t company secret anymore since it’s the last year and will be frozen soon?

That's the Turbos / MGUH assembly from the 2015 Mercedes PU.

Old skool for F1.
    acket.