Page 76 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Basically same scenario for Barcelona only reversed results. RBR had nothing for the Mercedes power on the straight. I think at this point it’s just the aero package they run at certain venues. This week Mercedes had a higher downforce package that cost them ever so slightly on the long straights.

Mercedes strategists are still confused how Max could make that undercut work. He couldn’t possibly be .5s faster!

How the mighty team begins its fall… or perhaps Max’s talent is just too unbelievable?

Anyway, if Perez can consistently finish on the podium, I guess Mercedes can’t possibly defend its title…

Also, if Bottas driving the faster chassis still couldn’t get on the podium, then perhaps he should give it back to Hamilton!

When Max pit the Mercedes radio guy said “It’s Hammertime”.

Guess Hammertime wasn’t good enough this week.

On the off chance that this season ends with a new WDC, I am mentally compiling many of the hate posts from the past

I like what I’m seeing so far but still way too many races left. And I still think Mercedes has the best overall car.

But with Perez stepping up and Bottas continuing to be fucked by his team I think RBR has their best chance in years.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Collantine from Racefans.net
    So on lap 32, after just 14 laps on hards, Red Bull surrendered the lead and put Verstappen on a set of medium compound tyres to cover the final 21 laps. Perez scampered out of the way when his team mate appeared in his mirrors on lap 34, losing 1.4 seconds to help his team mate progress.

The value of that sacrifice could be appreciated by the end of the race.
    ##
    acket.

I see how this is going to go if Max wins a WDC. Probably knew all along.

It’s not like any of the haters will ever be convinced. So the accomplishments will be explained away as results of outside influences. No worries.

I’m just glad someone else (a driver I happen to have liked for the duration) is leading for a change. I’d be happy with anyone else leading…as long as the status quo gets unraveled.

I'm just saying it's a team effort.

Mercedes were lucky that they had such a dominant package in 2015 and 2016. All teams, in all fields of life, need clear roles for their members, and in the case of Mercedes, I think we might have overlooked the value of the contributions of Bottas. Like I said a couple of posts above, Hamilton can do much more in the races when the team makes a bad decision (or two); and that's why he's beaten Valtteri 5-0.

Bottas is no slouch, but he's no team leader either.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 21st, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    On the off chance that this season ends with a new WDC, I am mentally compiling many of the hate posts from the past

I like what I’m seeing so far but still way too many races left. And I still think Mercedes has the best overall car.

But with Perez stepping up and Bottas continuing to be fucked by his team I think RBR has their best chance in years.
    Considering the performances of the 2nd driver, RB has definitely improved... or Mercedes has definitely fallen back this year. Perhaps Bottas has just been very unlucky so far..., but Bottas no longer looks like he's driving a very superior car... at least it's no longer superior on all tracks and all conditions. Current trajectory is showing RB going up and Mercedes going down..., but probably need to see how the season play out...

I'm thinking the 2 teams are probably very close this season. Mercedes' previous technical advantages were probably all taken away by the new rules...

GTXF pros, does that mean that GP drivers do not modulate their braking?
    acket.