Page 12 of 179 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

This is actually pretty good drama, I really don't mind either outcome. I actually prefer that they split up so other teams can have better chances...

One angle nobody has explored so far is... I wonder if there are still Nazi sympathizers in Mercedes management trying to derail the deal? (since LH has became increasingly vocal about BLM and even had their cars painted black... surely a white supremacist manager might push back when he has the chance?)

Anyway, even if the deal falls apart, I'd love to see Hamilton win a championship driving an inferior car.

I imagine the rest of the grid is praying that he retires.

I would like it if he came to IndyCar, but I don't expect that to work for anyone financially.
    Get that weak shit off my track

It will be sad to see them divorce after so many championships...

However, neither truly needs the other to continue their successes though... Maybe Hamilton needs Mercedes more? But who knows... Mercedes can't possibly continue to have the best car on the grid forever...

Hamilton needs to be Max or Charlie boy's teammate and show people who's truly the GOAT!

Or he could comfortably retire... he really has nothing else to prove.

Christian Horner seems to believe Max is the GOAT based on George Russell's performance at Mercedes... never mind that George beat Bottas, but he was able to comfortably qualify on the front row and could've won the race in his 1st attempt! It pretty much showcased how good the car really is... I think that performance most likely also threw a wrench to Hamilton's deal...

But anyway, point is that Horner doesn't believe anyone on the grid could come to RB to replace a COVID stricken Max and do what he does... although Ricciardo could certainly keep Max in check, but Ricciardo wasn't the rookie teammate... Let's see how Perez will do... somehow I don't believe Perez will be able to challenge Max much. Hope he'll do better than Albon and Gasly... otherwise next year will probably be his last.

We really need Max and Hamilton driving the same car in order to do a proper comparison IMHO... I honestly cannot pick which driver is faster... just not enough data to make proper comparison...

JoeW, if those 2 were in the same car next year, which driver will come out ahead in you opinion?

I get the feeling that Max is better than Rosberg... so if Rosberg could beat Hamilton, surely Max will be able to as well. However, Rosberg for sure won't be able to consistently beat Hamilton. Will Max have such consistency? Not sure... he is maturing, but for sure consistency isn't his main strength...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 22nd, 2021 at 12:38 PM.

The world may never know....

I do feel Perez will be better, smarter, more consistent and more helpful in car setup than the two previous drivers. I have no doubt he will qualify higher and actually be able to help the team score points and help each other out. So definitely an upgrade. And when Max has an issue or fucks up, Perez will be right there to scoop up those points.

My hope/expectation is that Checo will use his skill at keeping tyres alive to run alternative strategies where possible, such that he laps slower than Max yet still ends up competing for a podium at the flag. If he can do this it'll make races disproportionately more interesting, as we'll have another driver further back with the potential to end up in contention in the final stint, so keeping some tension alive. It won't be possible at all races and only if he can get his head around the RB car characteristics quickly, but it's quite possible and could be really interesting.

The other thing is, he doesn't need to be as quick as Max in qualifying. He won the Sakir GP after being last on lap one. So he has a way of being relevant that doesn't depend on going head to head with his teammate for outright pace.

My take on Max v Lewis is that both are incredibly quick, but Lewis has more experience which leads to him being more effective over a whole championship campaign - Max has never even mounted a serious year-long challenge for the WDC, let alone won one (not that he's had the chance). In the future Max will be as good as Lewis is now. I don't think we can really judge whose peak is highest, and I doubt we'll ever get the chance - I don't think you can extrapolate from the current situation to say what would happen if they were both at their best in equal machinery, given that they're both clearly great.

I still expect that Max will win multiple WDCs in the future, although obviously it depends on him getting into a car capable of that at some point.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    my one hope is that Red Bull with fast Max and opportunistic Sergio can force Mercedes into errors. Remember that Daniel, Fernando and Sebastian will be in the vicinity, with fast cars.
    acket.

Yes, agree with both of you guys..., F1 next season should be a fantastic one! Just wish Covid wasn’t around to mess around...

Pride usually comes before the fall, not really sure which side is more prideful, but surely that’s getting in the way of the Mercedes deal.