Page 60 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Such a fitting name… Maspin… mucho mas spins to come probably…

I guess he’s learning the limits of the car, once he figured it all out how to balance in that knife edge, maybe he’ll be good? Nah.

Junior Potato
    Wow people really hate that guy don't they?

Takes a special person to be able to push all that hate aside and get on with business.

Max does it everyday…but Mazepin has a ways to go yet.

Junior Potato
    Well with Mazepin the hate is 100% warranted. He is a terrible person and a very unsportsmanlike driver.

You won't hear me saying that about MV.

What RWA said.
    Also his career does not exactly speak volumes about championship talent: his most remarkable achievements are 4 wins in the 2018 GP3 series, resulting in him being runner up to late champion Anthoine Hubert, and 2020 Formula 2 championship with 2 wins and a 5th place in the final standings for that season.

Yeah whatever… I’m just mesmerized by LH and MV at the moment. These 2 are pushing each other so far up… they’re kinda leaving their respective teammates in the dust!

Lewis should’ve asked for more money for sure!

I wonder if George could really get the job done as well if he were given the opportunity…

Pit strategy ftw.

Well, that race really kept the tension going - a far cry from the 'boring' Spanish GP widely expected.

Spoiler:

With five successive Spanish GP victories, Sir Lewis Hamilton is the Barcel-Owner

Ultimately Merc just seemed to have more pace in the car than Red Bull today. Max did great to grab the lead off the start - very similar to Imola with the two going wheel to wheel at the first turn and Max having the inside and coming off best. But Lewis had more speed, and ultimately made that count.

I think Merc should've pitted Hamilton the lap after Max's stop, since he lost a second in the pits they could have pulled the undercut with an immediate response, and then been under little pressure thereafter. Apparently they were worried about coming out behind Perez, but I don't think that was a reason not to. Looked to me like Merc did it the hard way today, but pulled it off.

The way Bottas didn't let Hamilton through seems to me to confirm the rumour that he knows this is his last year at the team. I don't want team-mates to be submissive, but to be honest if you hold up your team-mate when you have nothing to gain by doing so, you're purely slowing him down and helping your main opposition, then to me that just looks petty and foolish.

I think there's been a real change in the narrative of the season.
    Pre-season testing: Merc are in real trouble, unreliable and aero is inconsistent leading to both drivers spinning. Red Bull are way ahead, this is gonna be their year.
    Bahrain race: Well, Merc have fixed their instability issues, but they're definitely slower than Red Bull still, only Hamilton's talent and a bit of luck got the win this time, Max still looks good
    Imola race: Seems like Merc and Red Bull cars are about equal now, Hamilton was trying to come back at Verstappen when he fell off
    Portugal race: Looks like Merc are a bit quicker on this track
    Barcelona race: Merc are quicker.

We're almost back to the status quo of Merc being the favourites, with Red Bull likely to snipe the odd pole and win, but not in overall contention. Much closer than last year, but still a developing expectation that Hamilton/Mercedes will be strongest and will come out on top.

Last edited by samoht; May 9th, 2021 at 08:01 AM.

Spot on as usual samohT.

RBR definitely are down on power. Perez could not get around Ricciardo even with DRS, and he had several tries. Only made it stick much later when they had different tires.

Max definitely making a go of it but ultimately just not enough.

And with Perez so far off the pace RBR can’t even try any different strategies. When Hamilton pit the second time Max couldn’t risk going after because Bottas was so close that he would lose position and risk riding around behind Bottas.

Merc just a better team. For many years.
    Last edited by JoeW; May 9th, 2021 at 11:13 AM.

Better team, better driver.

Unbeatable combo.

At least we can see Max is trying hard and he’s close…

RB really needs to find a better #2 driver… or I hope Perez can get closer to Bottas soon…