Page 73 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Bottas looked extremely below average today languishing in the bottom half of the field getting passed by lower tier machinery. When you have the top car you really need to keep it in the top 5 at least.

Perez stepping up finally. He looks happy in the car now. Played the perfect teammate today and was faster than Hamilton.

Oh and Mazepin beats Hamilton today. The future has arrived.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I don't exactly understand why Baku City Circuit is dirtier than other temp tracks, there always seems to be a carbon shard or a tree branch wrecking havoc. Or maybe they all are and Monaco is the exception.
    acket.

I love seeing happy podiums. That's the happiest one I can remember in a long time. Was rooting for Vettel and Perez to get on that podium once the red flag came out. Very unexpected mistake by Hamilton, even if it was bumping the Magic switch at the wrong time. Great fight back by Norris too after the penalty and languishing in the small points until the manic sprint of the last 2 laps.

Didn’t mention earlier but good on RBR for asking for a Red Flag and suggesting everyone be allowed to change tires.

Definitely low confidence in Pirelli at that time of the race.

Junior Potato
    Is that why the race went red a few laps after the SC? I was very puzzled by that as the decision doesn’t normally change.

Sucky way to end the race for Verstappen though.

Yeah at some point they played the call from RBR to the FIA about it.

I just thought it’s insane that they go this fast on a temp street circuit. They will get even faster at Saudi Arabia later…

Don’t get me wrong, I like to see these shuffled results, but I just feel uneasy seeing these cars going so fast when there are buildings, columns, lamp posts and even marinas and lagoons right next to the circuit…. Flat spin crashes are fine, I just hope no one takes off and fly out of the track…

Temp circuits should just be twisty and slow IMHO.

Junior Potato
    I have a new source for all of my F1 info.