Page 10 of 179 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Cyril has overstayed his welcome. Honest!
    And he's out, officially.

also McLaren have one foot in F-E.
    acket.

And so it begins...

k-mag linked to Peugeot's hypercar program.

preseason testing moved to Bahrain. T10 work started in BCN, so maybe they lose the preseason but we get a better race?

brutal schedule packs 9 flyaway races in the last 11 weeks:

From Russia to Singapore to Japan. from Austin to Mexico to interlagos. from Melbourne to Saudi Arabia to Abu Dhabi.
    acket.

Also, China replaced with Imola, which will be the only race in April. Race 3 (was 4) still TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    And so it begins...
    What do you mean? McLaren have both feet in F1, one in Indycar, another in WEC and yet another one in F-E. Personally I don't worry about their relevance in Formula One, they just received a big cash influx, so their situation is better than it was in april of last year when they had to sell (or pawn?) their historic car collection. There was an interview (or maybe a podcast) with Zak Prince where he mentioned his vision for the short term, how it needed to be a strong competitor in F1 in order for them to keep selling overpriced automobiles, but that their excess capacity needed to be put to use in a similar manner to Williams Engineering's services to the industry, which IIRC, never lost Frank any money.
    acket.

I was referring to adding credence to FE racing. Which would seem to accelerate FE as a relevant series.

I want F1 to go the entertainment route and bring back V8 or V10 engines and forget this hybrid BS.

I am in total agreement with you. I just don’t want FE to come too fast. McLaren entering would seem to accelerate that.
    Last edited by JoeW; January 12th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Junior Potato
    FE will never overtake F1.

I’ve said this before in the FE thread: it’s promoter possibly has a long term vision for it to be purchased and subsumed into F1’s roster of racing events. F1 may adopt its technology, but never go fully electric.

And before you worry about FE becoming big, look at who is already competing, and who supplies the batteries.

I just hope the next big PU rules move away from hybrid and more towards awesomeness.

Junior Potato
    You just want more noise and less torque. It also means less technology. F1 has always been about technology. And it has never been exciting.

Although I would argue that small capacity naturally aspirated (noisy) engines used as the compliment to electric PUs would be just fine and dandy in my opinion.

Say, a 2.0L V8, or a 1.6L V12?

25,000 RPM?

Oooh. Suit you, sir.

Junior Potato
    But I guess if carbon-neutral biofuels take off then it all changes.