Page 172 of 179 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Had there been a race in Belgium, Russell would have finished the year even on points with Nick Latifi.

If Hamilton shows up, he's going to wipe the floor with George.
    acket.

F1, an equal opportunity employer.

acket.

No Mario. You are incorrect.
    Here is wishing W13 is 1988 material. MP4/4 material.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    F1, an equal opportunity employer.

Why is Max or Sergio hiding behind Bottas?

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    No Mario. You are incorrect.
    Here is wishing W13 is 1988 material. MP4/4 material.
    I'll drink to that. ¡Salud!
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Ok I wanted to try and get a handle on some of the dominant teams in recent history so I took a stroll through wiki world....

2009 Button wins. Hamilton 5th. Not a good season for him. Looks like slick tires came back and front wings changed a bit.
    2010 Rise of Vettel. Refueling abolished. Hamilton 4th. New points system.
    2011 Vettel. Hamilton 5th. Teammate Button 2nd. Interesting.
    2012 Vettel. Hamilton 4th. Button only 2pts back. So far Hamilton not destroying teammates. Most would say a good driver but maybe not a multi WDC ready to pounce in the current system? I dunno...wasn't watching news clips about it then.
    2013 Vettel. Literally destroying everyone in the RBR this year. Hamilton 4th after switching to the works Mercedes team with Rosberg. Hoping the rule changes the next year work out for them
    2014 Hamilton, Rosberg. Rules change to Hybrid era. Merecedes is all over it. Ham/Ros win every race but 3. Ric wins those 3. Ham retired from two of those. Wow. Win Manufacturers 701 to 405...fuck what a change from one year previous. When RBR won 596-360.
    2015 Ham/Ros show again. Winning all but 3 with Vettel claiming those. Merc 703, RBR 428. Damn not much better than the year before.
    2016 Ros/Ham as shit gets real for Ham this year. Luckily Ros retires. This time Merc claims every win except 2...Max and Ric. Merc 765, RBR 468. Jeezus these guys are just killing it.......

2017 Hamilton. RBR is falling further back as Ferrari try to make a go of it. Hamilton not nearly as dominant as the other teams catch up to the rules. Ferrari a little closer. Mercedes only win 12 races. All others win 8.
    2018 Hamilton. Merc only wins 11 this year. All others win 10.
    2019 Hamilton. Merc improves with some new aero changes and win 15. Others win only 6.
    2020 Hamilton. Another destruction by Merc.......
    2000-04 Ferrari years. Combination of great driver, a good no.2, skilled engineering team built up by Jean Todt/Ross Brawn and a tyre supplier dedicated solely to them. Yes Bridgestone supplied a couple of other teams but let's not Kidd ourselves as to who they were developing the tyres for.
    2007. A great season, Alonso thought he'd be clear no.1, Hamilton had other ideas 😂 Their in fighting allows Kimi to nick it. Alonso sour grapes leads to spy gate.
    2009 major change of aerodynamic regulations. Honda/ Brawn GP found the secret sauce (outwash front wing), got off to a flyer and weren't caught.
    2010-13 Vettel years. RBR and Renault perfected the blown diffuser.
    2014 onwards. Mercedes started R&D on the engine really early and invested a lot into it. Got it right and it paid off handsomely.

Re Hamilton. He's won in F1 in each season in which he's competed. How many other drivers can you say that about?

Macca dropped the ball more than enough times in the 00s. They probably cost Kimi 2 championships and another to Hamilton.

2010 and 2012 were great years, fiercely competed. Seb underdogged it first and then he was just sublime.

The 2012 and 13 seasons tell a great story from a technical point of view, they show how Merc did it. You see Michael putting on his foreman overalls and laying it down, and you can kinda see why he left and where he left it off, and what and how Hamilton picked it up from there.
    acket.

I don’t recall why he left… because Rosberg was just faster?

Anyway, can you imagine if Michael not retiring and picking up more championships?

Or Hamilton ended up staying at McLaren…, then it’d be Rosberg winning those titles?

Because tires needed too much work still, and he had come back to fight for wins.

The car was getting fast but it was chewing up its rears. His last Monaco was a big downer (fastest lap in quali but had a mechanical penalty from the off). Car began to get poles but it always went backwards until the midseason test.

When a car can be fast, there always comes a great driver to keep the team on the winning.

All of the five did it.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; December 25th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.
    acket.