Page 174 of 179 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1790

Thread: F1 2021

What is so hard about racetracks having a solid white line denoting track boundaries? Go outside of those with 4 tires and it's considered OOB. Why does every damn track have to be policed differently? Just paint some damn lines down at every track that the track officials agree on and be done with it.

Then police "emergency" OOB on a case by case basis as usual.

hahaha. You couldn't even make it out of the post without tossing in an exception to a brightline rule.

That's why it doesn't work.

I don’t understand your point. There will always be exceptions to the standard white line rule.

Obviously you can’t penalize a driver for exceeding the boundary if he was forced off. That’s all I’m saying numbnuts. Enforce all other cases of track limit abuse. The rule is to prevent drivers from gaining advantage by cutting the track limits.

Driver on driver penalties are a separate thing all together.

Just stay on the fucking track. Simple rule.

Junior Potato
    We never had these problems before tracks started adopting paved runoff areas.

And F1 for a while now has stopped enforcing the rule where drivers are required to leave a car's width of space to the edge of the track if another car is on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I think we've pretty much reached "End-stage" FIA racing rules.
    What do you mean by that? As "end stage" of a disease? FIA is near death?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I don’t understand your point. There will always be exceptions to the standard white line rule.

Obviously you can’t penalize a driver for exceeding the boundary if he was forced off. That’s all I’m saying numbnuts. Enforce all other cases of track limit abuse. The rule is to prevent drivers from gaining advantage by cutting the track limits.

Driver on driver penalties are a separate thing all together.

Just stay on the fucking track. Simple rule.
    Best way to design portions of the track that are OOB is to automatically penalize such offs with gravel or grass or whatever that will cause drivers to lift or slow down. Can't expect officials to never miss or never screw up making calls. Just let laws of physics penalize drivers going OOB.

Personally, I think the only way to stop Max from pushing you around is to just collide with him and not let him push you around. If you yield every time, he's going to do the same every time. Best way is to collide with him while you're on the inside and then send him into a wall hard! However, even in that case, it was Max who taught Hamilton to not try to do that again for fearing killing the crazy dude...

I really think this is all their psychological warfare between the drivers. It's just so hard to truly beat Hamilton/Mercedes combo without Max. Max is really using every tool in his toolbox to beat him. Psychological tool is important. You want others to yield to you... even if they think you're fucking crazy.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 27th, 2022 at 07:14 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    We never had these problems before tracks started adopting paved runoff areas.

And F1 for a while now has stopped enforcing the rule where drivers are required to leave a car's width of space to the edge of the track if another car is on the outside.
    Driver A lost enough time by saving a slide on the grass, so IMO no penalty needed, because a)it wasn't intentional and b)driver A didn't go onto a pave, the surface itself was penalty enough, guy was lucky to not end in the wall.

One more reason to support a thorough revision of race weekend regulations and roles.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; January 27th, 2022 at 09:39 AM.
    acket.

Yeah that was BS. No advantage gained.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I get it, I do, driver B was smart/cheeky enough to shove his nose in to make a point, but, with clear rules and consistent regulation such acts are moot, because officials base their decisions on objective measures.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    What do you mean by that? As "end stage" of a disease? FIA is near death?
    I mean that many drivers now know the game and what they can possibly get away with. They've taken the rules (and some apparent inconsistent judgedment calls) and pushed them to their absolute limit, to the point where the FIA should probably have a good hard look at their on track rules of engagement. Things are getting silly.