Page 36 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

L O L.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yes, hotheadedness from the RB pit, the message should have been: "let him thru at X".
    acket.

Don't spoil!

Junior Potato
    I stayed up for that one, and I am glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Don't spoil!
    My lord and master Mick would forsake me if I didn't.

According to him, spoilers are reserved for Fake Shit Space Wizards.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I stayed up for that one, and I am glad I did.
    Strongly agree!

(Race discussion below, don't look if you've not watched the race yet).
    Spoiler:
    Yup, a classic battle for the win that was in play all race long and went down to the wire at the end. Suggests a very exciting season - imagine another 22 races like this!

It reminded me of Bahrain 2014, I think Hamilton has a knack for keeping someone with more grip behind him around this circuit. Pretty good track actually, for all that it's fashionable to hate Gulf State Tilkedromes this one really gives good racing.

I think Lewis should adapt Murray Walker's quote as his new motto - "Catching me is one thing, passing me is quite another".

Nice work by Tsunoda to get points on his debut. He lost places on the opening lap, which could be criticised but feels like a decent strategy - as a rookie, better to err on the side of caution and then gain the experience of 56 laps of racing, than fight too hard and risk being out on lap 1.

Talking of rookies being out on lap one, Mazespin is just hilarious. I'm glad he managed to crash all by himself without messing up anyone else's race. Already being called the new Maldonado in our household & online.

Ferrari seem to be near the front of the midfield and close to McLaren, so have improved a lot but still not challenging for the title. I'm not surprised as they must be a fair way behind on knowing how to make power legally, having gone so far down their meter-cheating path previously. But not bad and gives LeClerc a chance to show his skill.

Looking forward to all the upcoming races even more now.

Still undecided if "Leave it to me, Bono" or "mazeSpin" was a better product out of the meme factory.
    acket.

More please!

Mazespin...not impressed.

Tsunoda...impressed.

You know who won the race on that early pit stop. That early gap set the tone.

Following is so hard due to aero turbulence. He chewed up his tires just trying to stay close. And the straight line speed and power advantage of team x is obvious.

Great to see Ferrari gain back what they lost.

Perez did great considering starting from where he did.

Results were predictable as status quo but they way it happened was much more interesting

Re: Early pit stop.

McLaren struck gold with Norris' strategy. That was a winning strategy, it kept Lando out of reach of the faster Perez and ahead of Leclerc, who -I have the feeling- was faster today.
    acket.

Totally agree. Pit strategies ftw apparently

The winner's pit strategy really made his race even though he made some complaints early. He built that lead which really put #2 on the back foot all race long. The announcers did not echo my sentiment but I knew all race that #2 was at a disadvantage from then on.