Page 38 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Verstappen proved he was the second best driver in the second best car. They had a better strategy and the car was 0.5 seconds per lap quicker for much of the race, including the crucial final 15 laps and I was even predicting that he'd eat Hamilton for breakfast in the last two. That was Max's race to lose, and lose he did.
    It felt like Malaysia 2012, when Alonso was defending against a faster Perez. The guy most concentrated always wins.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post

AND Max had Differential issues. So I'm looking forward to next race. Now this could all be just the tip of another Mercedes runaway iceberg. But this was a nice warning shot by RBR at a track they haven't normally done very well.
    that's what he reported, but the guys on telemetry could not give him a new diff setting... i think because of the moments at which he reported it, that it had more to do with the car turning on the tires.

Speaking of concentration, verstappen did well in the first stint, completely domineering his rivals when he was in control and had to defend; but when he had to go on the attack, he floundered.

The same has happened before. so, I think it's fair to say that it is his main weakness, not good enough on the attack.
    acket.

I mildly disagree. His tires just got decimated trying to follow and pass Hamilton. Lead driver there just needs to keep it together. Hamilton didn’t even have to drive defensively because he knows how much following closely takes out of your tires. Max caught lapped traffic in several bad locations...just luck of the draw there. But all those times just add up and by the time there were 7 or 8 laps left they both probably had the same tires.

Anyways...I really think the difference maker was Mercedes pit strategy calling him in for the undercut both times. Normally no way to recover from that but Max almost overcame all of those bad pit decisions to still win. He should’ve just kept going when he passed Hamilton...he would have easily got a 5 sec gap after that.

I’m really just excited to see closer racing. The fact that RBR got pole there is a good indication of things changing for the better. This scenario probably won’t occur quite the same again so maybe the points are closer 10 races down the road. Maybe by mid season Hamilton doesn’t have a two race win advantage over 2nd place. Let’s just keep it closer so we all don’t lose interest again.

You da man!

That was definitely Max's race to lose.

Next time during contract negotiation between Hamilton and Mercedes, when the question is asked whether if Hamilton needs Mercedes... or Mercedes needs Hamilton?

I think the answer is now 'both'? At least starting beginning this year, Mercedes won't win by default anymore. Without Hamilton to perfectly execute the plan, there's no way Mercedes can win this race. Similarly, without such awesome strategists in the team, there's no way Hamilton will be able to undercut Max again and again...

Maybe they had a bit of lady luck on their side as well? If it was a fully green race, maybe Max would be able to pull a bigger gap between him and Lewis?

Anyway, point is, this is the year Hamilton deserves a raise... given that he no longer has the superior car?

Looking forward to see Perez qualifying the car near the front too? At the moment, there's still a pretty great disparity between the 2 RB cars..., making me think that although RB/Honda has improved and closed the gap, but who knows how Lewis and Max would qualify if they were in the same car?

The Spanish Shogun's steel-like will and determination have once again been tested by destiny.
    Kampaku Alonso's march to the podium was stopped by a sandwich wrapper lodged in his left-rear brake duct.

After the race, the mystic warrior-driver was quoted as saying: "The spirit of plastic is fierce, whether the plastic be small or big; and so it is with battles. The Way of battles is the same for man to man fights and for ten thousand a side battles."
    acket.

Seems like someone told Mazepin 'this is a very powerful car, you need to treat the throttle pedal like you would treat a beautiful woman'

That my friend, is fucking hilarious...bravo

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Watched FP1/2 today. I like the new lineups and everyone looks to have forward progress except: Alpine, Alfa and Haas.

My projected constructors order for the season:

Mercedes
    RBR
    McLaren
    Ferrari
    Alpha Tauri
    Aston
    Williams
    Alpine
    Alfa
    Haas

I know some surprises but this year might be pretty fun to watch.
    Woo I’m doing pretty well on my prediction so far. Perfect record through all the points positions. 20ish races to go...

Sure, you got the top 6 right, but the bottom 4 are still up in the air because they are currently tied at 0 points!