Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

I can hear it now if Max starts winning...well he should win because he’s got the faster car....

I’m not convinced. I still say the Merc is faster. Especially on the straights. I didn’t see a single car pass a Mercedes on the straight. Maybe I missed it?

Whether it’s down to car or driver, Max was the fastest during qualifying.

If we could get Perez to consistently out qualify Bottas, then we can be sure RB Hondas are the cars to beat.

Perez able to finish 5th from last is probably indicative that RB has a great car this season?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 31st, 2021 at 07:48 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    George Russell is the heir to the crown. He'll probably win a title before Verstappen does.
    Yup, I reckon that Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton would want to honor the Empire.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I didn’t see a single car pass a Mercedes on the straight. Maybe I missed it?
    Not enough evidence, says I. Bahrain was way too gusty and the part of that track (where the mini and the main straight are located) got really dirty throughout the race. Cars were making some odd noises as they got pushed down onto the track surface, like they were being sandblasted.
    acket.

Yeah...we are going way overboard on the rhetoric just 1 race in...but methinks we were way overdue some F1 to talk about

I'd say we'll have some pretty solid data in about 4-5 more races.

Apparently Hamilton left the track at turn 4 29 times before race control said something to Mercedes.

But here is a better article explaining the ongoing confusion...
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ain-grand-prix

One last thing. I saw an article title today “Seidl delighted with points haul in Bahrain-and how McLaren have closed the gap to the leaders”.

I don’t even have to read it. It’s obvious...changing to Mercedes power is how. Dumbasses.
    Last edited by JoeW; March 31st, 2021 at 10:46 AM.

Also apparently Ricciardo got badly beaten by Norris was probably due to damaged floor caused by Gasly.

He didn’t even notice until after the race... probably lost quite a bit of rear downforce... so now he could sleep better at night knowing that he was slower not just because of his ability...

If Norris could consistently beat Ricciardo like that thruout the whole season, then he might end up as the next Vettel...

Junior Potato
    Joe: thanks for the article. It’s very illuminating.

As I see it, there is no confusion. If I was to illustrate it to a group of school kids, I’d say that each driver has a glass to fill with regards to gaining an advantage.

Hamilton filled his drip-by-drip and race control felt the need to step in. Verstappen filled his all at once until it overflowed.

And you have to remember that F1 drivers are ruthless sportspeople. They will always push the boundaries of rules and track limits to gain their advantage. Some are smarter, some are more ruthless. Some are smart AND ruthless.

Administrator
    I love Toto Wolff essentially claiming that running wide there isn't gaining an advantage. If that's true, why did Hamilton do it 29 times?

And why did Hamilton complain over the radio when they told him to stop?