Page 43 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Junior Potato
    He has his Verstappen-tinted glasses on.

I think my tint is pretty neutral.

If they run the race as I suggested, nobody needs to nag Hamilton about going over that line during the whole weekend and Toto also need to provide no explanations about there’s no advantage and Max would‘ve pulled off one helluva pass.

Of course, rules are rules. I get it. It’s not that I don’t get the rule, I just thought they probably need to change it or modify it to make it more enforceable or enjoyable for the fans or something.

Not just warn and allow it while driving solo as Hamilton did and then penalize some when racing side by side, as Max did.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 3rd, 2021 at 01:20 PM.

I wonder what a perfect Billi world would be like to live in

It’ll be perfect of course!

The rule per se is clear and simple (I cannot fathom how people can mix that): if you are on your own and not gaining concrete advantage just do as you please; if you are in race battle with someone and passing her/him... you cannot profit from that space.

Everyone and her dog are barking about Hamilton and his 29 times over. Well, all the others drivers in the race did the same.
    Obviously journos and F1 "real" time radio do not show that (it is clear as fuck that race direction chooses what team radios to broadcast and usually does it to dramatize the action on track for the viewers).

Verstappen was sleeping during briefing.
    Also, no point not obliging giving back position: F1 rule pundits have pin pointed the fact that in a past race Vettel got an after race 10 second penalty for similar stuff.
    And deliberately saying "fuck it, we are going pedal to the metal, in case they will penalize us later" will meet the wrath of FIA.
    Good luck with that.

About the rule? Even if it is simple to understand for people not being baboons (On your own? Do it. Passing someone? Do not.) the discretionality irks and I would be Lewis I would respond to the "Ehi, man, 29 times... back off, com'on" to the tune of "Either you can or cannot, get stuffed" (which will obviously encour, once again, in FIA's wrath).
    So... either change that stupid corner or make it so drivers CANNOT do that trick in any condition whatsover during a whole race weekend.
    Tough shit if you go over, in any case.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 4th, 2021 at 02:42 AM.

But in this less than perfect world, we can’t change that corner and we’ll just have to happily accept that stupid rule and live with this otherwise great race with this slight imperfection. No biggie. I’m used to this world as it is, just that I’m looking forward to that perfect world someday!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Everyone and her dog are barking about Hamilton and his 29 times over. Well, all the others drivers in the race did the same.
    From the article Joe posted...

Quote Originally Posted by espn.co.uk
    "No, nothing changed at all during the race," Masi added. "We had two people that were looking in that area at every car at every lap and pretty much every car bar one was doing the right thing within what we expected in a general sequence. There was the occasional car that had a bit of a moment or went out there but it wasn't a constant thing."

Oh snap.

F1 has been working hard on aero changes to make passing easier..., we really should just allow cars to race as wide as physically possible to help too. As long as we’re not cutting corners or doing anything unsafe, race director should’ve just let Hamilton run the entire race like that... and not order Max to give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    From the article Joe posted...
    Interestingly enough that is not what people that watched the images of the race said.
    Go figure.
    And Masi's words are ambiguous at best.
    Even more proof that the best way to handle the situation is to not be lenient at all and to forbid to stray far in that corner.

EDIT: Nope.
    Less aero in general and more mechanical grip.
    It is like 40 years we keep saying that.
    Running out of the track limits and be content about it is not a solution.