Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

If he beats or come close to Max, surely his F1 future should be secured. Otherwise, he’s just delayed his sabbatical for an year!

If he could only manage to do what Gasly and Albon have done in that seat, then RB has to take a closer look at WTF is wrong with the 2nd RB car...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Construction at Albert Park must begin in the third week of January in order to have the venue ready for the GP, however, F1 has said they will take a decision to go ahead within the next two weeks. it seems it might get "postponed", with Bahrain becoming the season opener.

it is not clear whether the opening rounds are moved ahead to allow for some calendar reshuffling or if Melbourne is cancelled for the second year in a row, as it could only host the GP in the second half of a tumultuous year.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I vote that they postpone until they do the flyaways in the back half of the year.

That gives me a chance to recover and get on a plane with my dad like we’d planned for and go watch the race!

Lewis Hamilton is technically unemployed at the moment?

If contract negotiations failed to continue, I suppose George Russell probably will become the biggest beneficiary?

50mil a year is a big ask. Especially when you can have the driver’s and constructors title again for a quarter of that.

"To finish first, first you have to finish".
    So, no titles awarded beforehand.

I’m guess Hamilton is also leveraging himself to keep Mercedes around for 5 more years?

Manufacturers eventually pulling a Honda in times like these is probably understandable...

Is there really a compelling reason for Mercedes to stick around for 5 more years?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Hamilton in Ferrari or RB for 5 more years so we can gauge how fast Charlie and Max really are...

5 more years of Mercedes/Hamilton dominance will truly be boring... to see them fall apart also won’t be very satisfying.... they should just retire soon while they’re ahead.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 4th, 2021 at 10:30 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Think of how many years of publicity Mercedes could get from 150 victories, as they currently need 35. Or imagine if they get the 3 WCCs they need to surpass Williams (9), or if they manage 6 driver's championships more and even it with Ferrari at 15.

None of those look too far off if they can keep Lewis in the team; if He asks 40M and they get 12 wins and another driver's championship it doesn't sound exorbitant.

In 2019, Mercedes sold 2.34 million cars and Ferrari 10 thousand cars. I bet the average owner would not mind to add 17 dollars to their price tag for the privilege of driving the same car as the GOAT.
    acket.

All true... However, considering IC engines is under threat from electric motors and the current pandemic, can't blame Mercedes for thinking more like Honda... the return for their investment is diminishing and it's very possible that they could stick around for 5 more years and not win!

Besides Mercedes financial considerations, I guess this is probably why Hamilton didn't want to give George Russel another chance in his car... and sabotage his own contract negotiation! Yeah, Bottas sucks, but he still managed a 2nd place finish. George has also demonstrated his abilities to shine... Eventhough that was just a single race, I think it's obvious now that Mercedes doesn't really 'need' Hamilton to succeed. That's probably why Mercedes didn't say yes to $50mil.

So we'll see how much Mercedes is willing to pay for the GOAT!

I think Mercedes will get those numbers with or without Hamilton. So $50mil is exorbitant.