Page 94 of 179 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Fooooooooook
    Looks pretty shaken.

acket.

Ummm….god daaaaamn. That is a front row seat that was not expecting that.

Data shows Hamilton would have never made the corner.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/martin...7wpOcH5jaAmLDU

This talk ne'er going to end, is it?

When you are racing at those speeds and going for the win, these things can sometimes happen. As a top driver, going for the World Championship, you are not there to back off.

This accident will really put some fire between these guys and their battle for the World Championship. Neither of them will want to repeat that accident, but they will be even more determined not to lift off the throttle the next time they are in this kind of close battle.
    acket.

I liked watching Mika back in the day. I always rooted for him to beat Schumacher I was so sick of seeing Ferrari winning.

Somebody created this simulation of the crash... comparing their lines to Max's qualifying line...

I think both drivers are entering the turn a bit too hot... and Hamilton actually was completely side by side with Max before entering that turn!

Max should've just slow down a bit and just use his normal racing line during Q3 and just let Hamilton overshoot the turn and go off track and Max should be able to regain his lead...

Of course those who are sure it's all Hamilton's fault are not wrong either... Hamilton was entering the turn way too hot based on his position and he most likely wasn't going to make the turn without going off track no matter how much room Max gave him... best course of action is for Max to back off. When the guy behind you had pulled up right next to you(meaning he's faster than you), and knowing both of you are already entering the turn too hot... it's time to back off! That is the only way to avoid the crash is for somebody to brake a bit harder and slow down a bit more...

However, neither one wants to slow down and let the other pass.

Hamilton knew that if he doesn't complete a pass soon one way or another, it's going to end up like the sprint race. He doesn't want to end up finishing 2nd in the real race.

Max also knew if he allowed Hamilton to pass, he might not be able to get it back because he's just so fast on the straights!

So it's really a racing incident IMHO.

I think Hamilton also delivered a message to Max... although I'm old and my car isn't as dominating anymore..., but you can't keep on pushing me around. I do believe Hamilton had been the one 'yielding' to max more in the past few races. He's taking his stand at home... and surely Max got the message loud and clear.

What will go down for the rest of the season? Hopefully there'll be more excitment... happening safely...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 22nd, 2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Data shows Hamilton would have never made the corner.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/martin...7wpOcH5jaAmLDU
    I can't square the argument that Hamilton was going too fast to make the corner with the fact that he was going slower than Verstappen between corner entry and contact. They were almost alongside each other at entry, but by the collision Verstappen's rear wheel hit Hamilton's front. However quick Hamilton was going in the entry phase of the corner, Verstappen was going quicker.

Additionally, Copse isn't a braking zone, just a small lift and back on the power. So if you enter it too fast, you can always lift off again further round and stay on the track. That's slower than getting it right, but still counts as 'making the corner'. Hamilton didn't look like making the apex, and that's why he got the ten second penalty, but there's no reason to believe that at the point of contact he was otherwise committed to running off the track.

Red Bull are making a lot of noise about it, which looks more aimed at destabilising Hamilton/Mercedes than at advancing a well-founded argument to revisit the stewards' decision at the time.

I said it at the time, this is a big hit to the mental stability of RB's driver. There's no way Verstappen can race at 100% in Hungary. Mercedes are counting on taking a points advantage to the showers. Red Bull are good at solving their problems, Mercedes are good at getting marginally faster; the last three races should be killer.
    acket.

I will say I think Hamilton is losing control of his situation and there is finally someone to put him under pressure and he’s showing cracks in his armor. Max knows this and will be the shark in the water next race.

These are stone cold killers out there. Let’s see ooo kills ooo.
    Last edited by JoeW; July 24th, 2021 at 01:12 PM.

Yeah, I’d agree with Mario that it’s max who’s taking the bigger hit both physically and mentally. Usually it’s the one who crashed out end up taking the hit. The winner is the one hitting!

Unless your hit end up killing another driver, winner probably will end up with the upper hand, right?