Page 95 of 179 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    I can't square the argument that Hamilton was going too fast to make the corner with the fact that he was going slower than Verstappen between corner entry and contact. They were almost alongside each other at entry, but by the collision Verstappen's rear wheel hit Hamilton's front. However quick Hamilton was going in the entry phase of the corner, Verstappen was going quicker.

Additionally, Copse isn't a braking zone, just a small lift and back on the power. So if you enter it too fast, you can always lift off again further round and stay on the track. That's slower than getting it right, but still counts as 'making the corner'. Hamilton didn't look like making the apex, and that's why he got the ten second penalty, but there's no reason to believe that at the point of contact he was otherwise committed to running off the track.

Red Bull are making a lot of noise about it, which looks more aimed at destabilising Hamilton/Mercedes than at advancing a well-founded argument to revisit the stewards' decision at the time.
    I do believe the contact probably slowed Hamilton down further and even with that further slow down, he still went wide probably with half of his car out of the track. It was definitely not a very good line to take that’s why leclerc ended up passing him.

So I do believe Hamilton will likely fly off the track without Max’s rear wheel’s help.

Of course it’s also possible that the legendary trail braker could continue to slow during the turn and therefore able to remain on track… the contact simply interrupted this braking during the turn…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Minister Horner knows they need Sir Hamilton's points from Silverstone. He has presented a "petition for review" before the courts.

Told ya! If Lewis leaves Hungary in the lead, the championship will be his.
    acket.

I don't understand what RB is still trying to do with these petitions or reviews... They really need to move on. Only thing worth dwelling on is how we can make that track even safer for the future. Championship points shouldn't be decided in courts.

So today a racing incident costs you $1.8 million in damages... who knows if Mercedes won't suffer similar damages in the future. This is racing! I can understand a small struggling teams may not be able to afford such a high repair bill, but not sure what Horner is whining about. These repair costs mean they can't update and develop the car anymore?

If Max could recover fully physically, I don't see why he can't continue to have a close fight with Lewis for the rest of the season... even if he loses the lead in Hungary... unless you're saying all the tracks after Hungary are all more suited for Mercedes?

Anyway, I'm just glad all the whining is done by Horner and not Max. If Max were such a whiny ass bitch, I'll probably stop being his fan boy.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 27th, 2021 at 08:41 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I don't think Max has recovered, it was a hefty whack.

RB can't be confident that they will score enough points in Hungary.
    acket.

He's young and still alive... so I'm sure he'll eventually recover. It was definitely a hard hit, but I really think Horner has gone a bit nuts over, IMHO, a racing incident. Even if that was 100% Hamilton's fault and Max were killed and let's make Horner the God of F1..., I wonder what would be a fair penalty in his mind. Make Hamilton pay for the damages? Take away his win? Race ban? Send him to prison?

You are talking about Horner, the arrogant british arsehole of Arden Motorsports fame, conveniently paired by shitface Helmut Marko.

If I were Max, I suppose it's kinda nice to have your boss fight for you so passionately like that...

Still, I'm sure even Max probably thought Horner is over reacting. Surely Max would want to beat Hamilton on track, not in court.

I think the Red Bull team are just trying to play this for all it's worth, hoping Lewis gets a barrage of tough questions from the media when he turns up at Hungary ("Horner said ...., do you agree?") and hoping that will put him off his stride mentally. Which looks... what's the word... ah yes, it looks desperate.

Meanwhile Max is knuckling down and focusing on doing his talking on the track, as a true racer. Hungary could well be a race worth watching.

I just like how everyone takes the same actions as positive and negative for opposite people.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I don't personally like Max Verstappen, that's known, and I'm one of his critics when it comes to producing proof of his potential "champion" status, but I have way more respect for him than for Horner.
    At the end of the day Max is the one getting in the cockpit and giving 100% risking his life while, Horner is content whining like a petty mother-in-law.