Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Intentional Explosion" in Nashville, TN

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

"Intentional Explosion" in Nashville, TN

Not sure if all of you heard about this yet, but very odd circumstances so far.

6:30 AM, an RV apparently broadcasts a pre-recorded message to evacuate the area for 15 mins, then an explosion occurs....injuring 3 people and now they have found human remains. There weren't any big targets other than what could be a special data center or something for AT&T...note that 911 service is now knocked out in area.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/25/us/na...ion/index.html

this one feels very weird to me...prepping for a larger attack? only wanted to attack the buildings and not people? trying to get police involved before exploding (but why broadcast the message then?)?

I read that it broadcast the message for an explosion at a particular time, people evacuated, that time passed, people came back, and then it exploded.

Fucked up.

My question is; why wasn't it immediately attended to by the bomb squad? Towed away.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    "intentional" and not "terrorist" action probably means the suspect is a white male.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    "intentional" and not "terrorist" action probably means the suspect is a white male.
    agreed, or they didn't have enough of info yet

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    this one feels very weird to me...prepping for a larger attack? only wanted to attack the buildings and not people? trying to get police involved before exploding (but why broadcast the message then?)?
    The IRA used to do something like this a lot - Set your bomb, call the media/authorities with a predeterminerd code word so they know its not a prank, they evacuate the area. You get all of the good stuff from a bombing - cool explosion, complete disruption of peoples' lives, make a statement, etc, but none of the downsides like civilian casualties. It was a really successful tactic overall.
    -Formerly Stabulator

interesting

Yeah, better with minimal casualties than a 9/11 type of attack...

Still, what is the bomb trying to accomplish and who wants to take credit?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    The IRA used to do something like this a lot - Set your bomb, call the media/authorities with a predeterminerd code word so they know its not a prank, they evacuate the area. You get all of the good stuff from a bombing - cool explosion, complete disruption of peoples' lives, make a statement, etc, but none of the downsides like civilian casualties. It was a really successful tactic overall.
    Once you start killing civilians, the population turns against you. Quickly.

Sigh. Because 2020

A person of interest has been found as the possible owner of the RV....a 63 year old white male.

Upon hearing of this, Trump has decided to issue a pardon if charges are filed (ok, this is a joke, but maybe not for long!)