Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk became the richest man on earth on the same day that Nikolas Tesla died penniless...

Elon Musk became the richest man on earth on the same day that Nikolas Tesla died penniless...

How ironic is that?

Junior Potato
    Maybe Tesla should've pulled himself up by the bootstraps and inherited a diamond mining fortune built upon slavery like Musk did.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    In 1943? What the fuck?
    acket.

Maybe because Tesla was a bad businessman who didn’t do his due diligence and kept getting screwed. Then again they say he didn’t really care about the money so he died content. Maybe.

Anyway, that just made me wonder if Elon Musk is destined to make back the money supposedly owed to Nikolas Tesla...

His current fortune is only based mostly on Tesla stocks right now..., SpaceX isn't even public yet so it's value won't fluctuate much... When SpaceX goes public, it'll be hard for anyone to catch up to him...

Hope he'll continue to do good for humanity and not let all the money inflate his ego.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 8th, 2021 at 07:47 AM.

You don't get that kind of money without ruthless exploitation.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Because money IS an indicator of the value of labor-time. You have a lot of money, you command control of a lot of working time. And a person can only exercise that kind of command thru violence.
    acket.

But Elon’s current wealth is mostly speculation...

Only violence I can see are the combustions of the rocket engines... and of course sometimes the explosion of rockets!

I don't get all the hatred directed at Musk.

He has two clear goals, (1) make electric cars practical and desirable to help stop global warming, and (2) scale up space travel so that humanity has a plan B in case Earth becomes uninhabitable, through global warming, nuclear war or otherwise.

Those goals both seem significant worthwhile things to work towards, and he's worked at them for many years with determination and persistence, in the face of significant risks, challenges and setbacks, and has made really significant progress in accelerating both of them.

While I understand the arguments against super-rich people overall, Elon Musk seems to be someone who's genuinely trying to use his vast wealth and power to improve the situation of humankind, not just with charitable giving but with his actual businesses themselves.

Now, he's clearly quite a prat personally, on the smaller scale he's done quite a few despicable things. But his overall contribution looks positive to me.

So if you're going to shoot all the billionaires, I'd make a strong argument for Musk being at the bottom of the list.

I’d agree with that sentiment.

The only problem I had with Elon was he didn’t like his factories shutdown during the pandemic... he also is a notorious slave driver, but the thing is he is slave driving himself too. He just expect everyone to work as hard as he is... it’s not like he’s living la vida loca while exploiting low wage workers... people can always quit. You have to share a common dream and be young to work for him I guess... it’ll be hard, but payoff could be great.

Anyway, yeah, if we absolutely have to shoot billionaires, please place him at the bottom of the list !

If only Tesla had Elon’s business sense, our world would probably be a lot different...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 8th, 2021 at 03:01 PM.