Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone do a lot of work on Hondas?

Sounds like you found yourself a decent shop.

I hope so. Mullet-Man just called me and said they found the problem with the timing belt: It is in fact new, but was installed two teeth off, so the timing wasn't right. I guess they adjusted the existing belt that my old shop installed in July, and he said the belt was new. It sounds like I got the parts I paid for at the old shop, but a poor installation. He said I'll notice smoother and more powerful performance now and should be good for another 100,000 miles. I'm guess that explains whatever noises they heard from the water pump that they didn't like.

Apparently they installed some front drivetrain parts as well. I didn't ask for specifics about those over the phone. He said they want to keep the car overnight again and check something in the morning with the timing again to make sure everything's just right before I pick it up tomorrow.

Had a timing belt go on my '88 Integra while I was on vacation. Pep Boys fixed it but it idled only at high idle. My back home shop said it was a couple teeth off. Pep Boys did pay for the repair of the repair.