Anyone been a Honda tech, or done a lot of work on them? Got kind of a weird one I'm struggling with.

Bought a 2007 Ridgeline, fixer-upper. Done a bunch that it's needed already to get on the road. At first I thought for sure it's a bad ignition switch (Hondas are known for it), but the more I play with it the more I'm unsure.

Truck starts and runs fine. About two times out of ten after starting and running it, the shifter moves, works fine, put it back in Park, shut it off, it goes all the way off and the key comes out. But the other eight times out of ten, the shifter won't move out of Park, and after shutting it off, the key will not go to the final OFF position and can't be removed.

100% of the time, if I unhook the battery, I can turn the switch the last tick, and pull the key out. Every time.

100% of the time, I can use the manual override on the shift interlock, and move it manually.

I have no warning lights on the dash, no DTCs. Fuses have all been checked, backup lights and brake lights are working.

I've taken the column apart to look around it, nothing appears to be obviously wrong, nothing bent, no wires melted, nothing obvious.

In addition, and I just realized this last night, I don't hear the Shift Interlock Solenoid "CLICK" when stepping on the brake pedal. So I changed the brakelight switch just in case. No difference. Checked Mitchell and found three possible fuses involved, changed all of them, no difference.

I've ordered another Shift Interlock Solenoid, it's only $30, can't hurt to try. But if that doesn't do it I'm kinda lost.

I will say I also noticed the PRNDL display is very intermittent and weird, usually the only ones that light up are R or N, and even wiggling the shifter a bit as I go through the motions can make those blink. Occasionally I see P as well. So this makes me think the Range Sensor might be an issue, or the wiring to it, possibly?