Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Livery / Time Trial / Race GT Sport competitions with 27Racers - all welcome!

So Alpines tomorrow at Sardegna. Bloody tricky things to drive, seem to drive like a poorly-made firework, highly unstable!

... inspired by the Group B A310 ...

Junior Potato
    Hey the leaderboard is finally up.

I have my ugliest French livery I could find slapped on and ready to go. I gave it a test drive on Monday and found it... tricky. Judicious and careful application of the right finger is required.

I shall give it the requisite hour of hotlapping later today.

Junior Potato
    Oh man. 1:33.759 is all I could be bothered with this week

See you in room 2.

That looks fantastic!

My recorded time flatters my (in)ability to keep this peeled poire pointing anywhere near the track, so am anticipating a few visits to the armco tonight.

Incidentally, I found that short-shifting up to 6th when starting the run down the hill helps to reduce the car's desire to jink into the lovely red and white tyre wall on the outside of the first kink.

Generally tho even using a higher gear doesn't help that much, you just get the turbo torque anyway - reminds me of my 180SX in that regard, although of course this isn't nose-led as that was.

Have fun!

Junior Potato
    This morning I was finally able to join a lobby, after weeks of network issues and waking up at 05:30 on Fridays for no reward.

I set up a fixed IP for my PS4 and forwarded some ports, and this is the result. A 6-lap reverse grid race with a 3-lap masterclass in defensive driving

Everyone behind me was that much faster but I can hold my own when it comes down to it!

Race 4 was also reverse grid. I'd made it to 3rd and for the faintest moment I was in 2nd, but a bad decision on one corner meant that I was ruthlessly filtered down to last by the end of that same lap. Video not available because it is too painful to watch.

Hurrah! I'm so glad that you finally got the chance to join in, after so many fruitless attempts!

I had a similar experience in the other room, successfully holding off the pack in one of the later reversed-grid races. A tricky course to race on, but a lot of fun.

Just popping in to say I love the media you guys are sharing from this series. It's such a cool idea and these liveries are amazing!

Junior Potato
    Thanks Bryan and thanks Tom

It’s been good, because it’s such a change from the ranked daily races that are full of carnage. Plus GT is just about the only thing I can drive half-decently with a controller.

I just watched my video again, and I’m left wondering how a few of those corners didn’t result in mass death and destruction

I guess they’ve managed to foster a group of really humble and like-minded racing enthusiasts here. I found myself having to forget the measures you take in public races just to protect yourself, because nobody here is out to put you off the track or ram past in a shitty manoeuvre.

Junior Potato
    So this week's race is Blue Moon Infield A, a track that I have literally never raced on. Fuck. Shit. Fuck.

Oh well, head down. It's not like I have no time for practise.

RWA did you decide to give it a miss this week? Or weren't able to find the room? Nick Trott left after the first race, which killed Room 2 as he was hosting it with fixed ownership, so I then spun up a replacement room 2.

I wasn't going to race this week, was feeling not in control of the car - Racing Soft tyres make the MX-5 very twitchy - and that seemed a bad match with the organiser's increasing pleas for clean racing. I logged a dummy time to drop myself to the bottom of the leaderboard to free up my space in Room 1. Then at 8:30 I thought I may as well call in on Room 2, and joined the second race there.

I then leveraged the fact that Dan Trent previously raced an MX-5 at Tsukuba, and proposed we relocate there, which I certainly enjoyed a lot more than Blue Moon Bloody Raceway. Actually really really good fun

The racing was pretty good, and in the last race I had four laps of wheel to wheel with the Renown-liveried car, culminating in a last-lap pass around the outside of Turns 5 & 6 for the win. The Clean Race Bonus on top reflected how well everyone was mostly managing to keep it clean and fair.

So having been feeling a bit negative earlier this week, now really enjoyed it.