Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm having annoying trouble paying for a stupid thing on Amazon

Administrator
    I tried to help out by buying it on my US credit card but it still error'd out.

How are you able to do that? You gave RWA your card number?

Anyway, Amazon has been pretty sucky lately. We purchased a birthday present for my daughter and they delayed shipment with no notifications/explanations. When wife called, they say they're out of stock. Telling us that we need to re-order. Wife looked around and saw the same item listed at higher prices than before...

Eventually they agreed to pay the price difference, but it's still lame that we had to call their customer service and complain about it in order to get what we had already ordered. This has never happened to Amazon before... at worst, we've only received extra deliveries from Amazon, I wonder if Covid19 has finally caught up to them?

Someone is sending you a Sign. Amitahbro.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    How are you able to do that? You gave RWA your card number?
    He had me sign into his account and try to complete the order after adding my card. Failed, so then I removed the card and let him know.

Junior Potato
    Thanks for offering to help Tom, I appreciate it almost as much as I appreciate YW's help

Junior Potato
    Anyway I was in contact with Amazon support prior to me starting this thread and they even rang me from Seattle, which sounds more impressive from my location than it does for anyone in the US.

They said they'd pass it on to some other department (I think it was to see what they can do regarding the price difference to the scalped items) and get back to me within 48 hours.

That time has passed with no word from them, so I will have to chase them up today.

I'm beginning to think that it's just... out of stock from Amazon first-party supply, despite this being in my orders list since December 26th.

I suspect that they are indeed just out of stock, not just a payment issue.

That happened to us just recently.

"The grapes would have been really yummy, but it's just too difficult to jump up and get them"....

“Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.” - The Dhammapada

Reads https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes and learns about some Norwegian communist named Jon Elster and "adaptive preference formation".