Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm having annoying trouble paying for a stupid thing on Amazon

Junior Potato

I'm having annoying trouble paying for a stupid thing on Amazon

Can anyone help provide advice or answers for this?

I've bought a Star Wars action figure on Amazon's US website. It's Amazon exclusive (not available in Australia either, oddly enough) and is sold out, except if you go down the scalper route for double the price. I ain't doing that but luckily I was able to put an order in for one direct from Amazon at retail price before they sold out of their second shipment.

It came into stock yesterday but when the system attempted to charge my credit card it failed. I've added a second card and that's not working either. Both accounts definitely have funds available, and the numbers are correct. I saw online people having similar issues and the solution was that you could pay for a gift card balance and just use that to buy the goods. I did this, it charged my card right away without issues, but the gift card balance can't pay for my order because it was originally put through as a pay-by-credit-card deal.

Amazon customer service tells me to cancel the order, then re-order using gift card balance, but it's sold out and I will miss out on it if I go anywhere near that cancel button.

HALP!

Realise that ownership of material possessions is a result of desire, which leads to suffering, and that you should hence suck it up and abandon your attempt.

Amitahba, kthxbai

Amazon customer service is your only hope.

Happens to every guy sometimes this does.

Junior Potato
    YW I asked for help not… life advice.

Kumbaya

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Realise that ownership of material possessions is a result of desire, which leads to suffering, and that you should hence suck it up and abandon your attempt.

Amitahba, kthxbai
    Actually that is the fox and the grapes, isn't it? Were you quoting Yoda? When did with that esoteric grammar Yoda talking stop? Hmm.
    Last edited by SportWagon; January 19th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.

Was focusing on desire.

https://www.pbs.org/edens/thailand/buddhism.htm

In Buddhism, desire and ignorance lie at the root of suffering. By desire, Buddhists refer to craving pleasure, material goods, and immortality, all of which are wants that can never be satisfied. As a result, desiring them can only bring suffering. Ignorance, in comparison, relates to not seeing the world as it actually is. Without the capacity for mental concentration and insight, Buddhism explains, one's mind is left undeveloped, unable to grasp the true nature of things. Vices, such as greed, envy, hatred and anger, derive from this ignorance.
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/Amitabha-Buddhism

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not a yank, can't help you Mick.
    acket.

What Star Wars doll is it?

Junior Potato
    It's not a doll! It's an ACTION FIGURE.

And it is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Buddha figurines don't need to do any action, yo.