Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm having annoying trouble paying for a stupid thing on Amazon

Junior Potato
    So now Amazon has charged me for the product.

When I spoke to them a week ago they told me that they could use the gift card balance I had sitting there, and that otherwise they'd charge my credit card instead of my debit card, which I had requested multiple times because it didn't seem like they were listening. And they finally told me it was out of stock, the dirty dogs.

After that phone call I deleted the details for my debit card since it was of no use for me to have them in there, and left them negative feedback in the email they sent after the call ended. I considered sending them a feeeeeelthy customer service email because the most profitable retail empire in the world couldn't get its shit together.

And then a few days ago they charged my debit account. Yeah, the one with the deleted details. Luckily it had money in there this time.

Maybe they had another shipment of them? I dunno. I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet but whenever I check, that little green progress bar moves a little bit more.

I am ever closer to achieving a state of inner zen and peacefulness.

Inner zen and peacefulness from having had the debit card details used after you tried to delete them?

Oh, probably facetious you are being.

Junior Potato
    No, it's because I might be getting this thing delivered soon.

Inner peace through materialism.

Lasts maybe 5 days, max.

Junior Potato
    It has shipped.

*closes eyes, touches thumbs to middle fingers*

Ommmmmmmmmm

Administrator
    Man, this thread has been quite the rollercoaster.

This is why I still shop in stores whenever possible. I do not like ordering online if I can avoid it.

I've probably mentioned my brother-in-law here before. He's the exact opposite. The last time we were at his house back east, Amazon delivered a box containing two bottles of ketchup. Nothing fancy - just regular old ketchup! I saw him open it and couldn't resist asking why he doesn't buy ketchup at the grocery store. He laughed and said, "What makes you think I go to the grocery store?"

This was a year or two before the pandemic, so it's wasn't because of that.

Junior Potato
    Makes sense George.

But this is an Amazon exclusive, so there’s no chance of it ever being seen in a shop.

Despite this, it still has a retail box with all the same effort put into the design and engineering to keep the product undamaged in transit and looking attractive on a shelf. But no one will ever see it on a shelf competing for attention against other items.

Unless of course, one buys it, but keeps it displayed in its box and never opens it to enjoy the fun contained within. Which I will never ever do.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You trust Bezos with your current account's details?

acket.

Bezos has stepped aside to let other more trustworthy bozos to look after your details. Nothing to worry about.

Plus, inner peace has been attained. Let’s not mess with it anymore...