Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forza Motorsport

Junior Potato
    …wow.

Game preservation by the community is a thing. This is why I hate digital-only games.

I mean, I’ll be the last guy to sing FM7s praises but this is a bit nuts.

Administrator
    Yeah, I don't get the "no longer selling it" thing. It's gotta be some shitty licensing deal they made or something.

Yes, they have confirmed that their licenses for cars and tracks are expiring, and this has happened with previous Forza games as well.

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/...99588424769539

There can be more than 500 license partners on any Forza game, for cars, tracks, music, etc., and licenses can all have different terms and expirations date.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Ah. I thought those sort of deals typically lasted 10 years. I know that music in GTA is licensed for 10 years, which is why GTA IV was temporarily unavailable for sale recently. The music in it had to be changed or have its licenses renewed.

FM7 is 4 years old... Perhaps at the time it was published Microsoft had planned for its replacement to be out by now-ish.

4 years passed. It is the protocol for Forza games: retirement from sales.

Yeah, I saw the article on Kotaku the other day. Kinda crazy but I guess it makes sense. I'm sure they just thought they would have FM8 out by now. Usually it is a two year gap between releases and they are at four years now, seems like it will be 5 or more.

I honestly thought these issues would start creeping up as games have started looking so good there really isn't any advancement to be made in graphics, that they would be better off making them a service til their is a real big jump in technology. Kinda like iRacing.

I know I would prefer that and I am surprised the sports game market hasn't moved in that direction. Though PES is doing that but they have been getting trounced for years by FIFA. So I think they have nothing to lose.

I think for most of the sports games that the current model of quickly discounted annual release + resetting custom characters/card-game teams leads to lots of microtransactions is just working too well. They would need to come up with a really compelling argument to leave that business model.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I dunno, the vast majority of games in the market, *TO ME*, is way distant from looking really good.
    F1 2021 still looks like a cartoon compared to what I expect in this modern age. Cyberpunk 2077? Nothing special.
    iRacing is prehistorical graphic-wise.
    FM7 looked decent but it was boring as hell. And the cars handled rubbery, all of them.
    Speculation is they are going forward with FH5, interrupting their consolidated habit to go from one Horizon to one Motorsport, back and forth, because they are preparing something really huge and special with FM8 (or just FM without any number, as someone has implied).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-motor...er-experience/

The team wants the core experience of the revamped multiplayer to encourage players to improve their skills alongside one another. The focus of the last playtest brought this to light through the live event structure with open practice, qualifying, and the feature race. As the game is now, there’s a calendar of open and upcoming events that players can join, each of which features the previously mentioned open practice and qualifying sessions before moving players to the main event — a typical race weekend in the world of motorsports.

Where open practice comes into play is helping players to better understand the track, where they’re fast, and where they can improve. As such, a new corner mastery system will aide players in better understanding where they’re faster or slower on a per corner basis. Esaki gives the example that he does well on decreasing radius corners, but not as well on those with double apexes. The new system will identify the corner(s) players need to improve on to make the most out of their lap times.

Continuing, Chris acknowledges the feature will continue to grow with the amount of community feedback given and that the testing is in no way final. Finally, he touches on endurance racing. With all the changes made to tire compounds and tire wear, the focus on fuel consumption, now would be the time to “double down” on endurance racing.

The latest test featured an endurance series alongside the other rotating events with an open practice and qualifying session that was available for hours, allowing players to jump in when able, leave, and come back for the main race anytime it was available. That flexibility, as Chris mentions, can allow the team to create qualifiers during the week and feature the main race during the weekend. Alternatively, there’s the option for qualifying during the day with the main race taking place at night.