Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This feels like one of those things they'll pay no attention to, but now that I'm actually working through the single player races on GT:Sport, I'm reminded of it: The Forza economy is crap. You just don't earn nearly enough in credits from races, especially as you go up through the ranks. It was bad enough with F7 that that's what got me to quit playing, it was just an obnoxious grind. "Oh, here's a race series that requires a car that costs 1+ million credits, it's five races long, and you'll earn 10K per race." Meh.

Spend all the time you want chasing the sim-racing giants, but if you make it a huge pain in the ass for me to drive the cars I want to drive, I'll go elsewhere.
    I’ve had the opposite problem with Forza in recent iterations. They give me so much money and so many cars that it feels like there’s no real progression, since you start out with so much.

Administrator
    Even with F7? I felt like I'd drop a few hundred thousand credits on a car to do a race series and then make almost nothing on the actual races, unless I set them to the longest length, at which point the slog was just going through hour-plus long races against an AI that's slow even on the highest difficult, it ultimately just became hotlapping for a really long time.

Ah, yeah the races themselves didn’t pay out much, but the driver levels or whatever, and the Forza Hub bonuses I think are what gave me too much stuff/money maybe. Last time I loaded it up, I had like 6.5mil just sitting there, and no clue what to do with it

So you guys agree, the economy is dumb and should just be removed since you can't make people happy with it
    Get that weak shit off my track

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like having to progress, vs it just being a complete free for all. If there’s some other progression system, I’m fine with it. My biggest issue with it is how complex it seems at times and how much crap is thrown at me. I’d much prefer races pay out more and award interesting rare cars, remove the Hub bonuses, remove the driver level bonuses, etc.

Administrator
    I feel like I should clarify that GT:Sport reminded me of how I think it *should* be. You start out pretty poor, but as you go up through the ranks you earn more to pay for your better cars. I've got enough money that I can get a decent car for the next series after finishing the previous one, but not so much that I can buy everything right off the bat. I feel like GT does it well, Forza doesn't, and then Forza went all loot box gimmick (I know they're not technically loot boxes, but I don't feel like figuring out what the correct term is) rather than just fix it.

I'm more excited about the audible upgrade than anything else.
    I hope they increase the volume of it. Some cars should be deafening a WOT.

https://youtu.be/pOb2VAO-58A

They are also introducing Ray-traced audio in FH5... which if done right is going to be realllly cool.

Administrator
    I wonder if, like FS2020, it won't support DLSS. Not that it particularly needs it, FH4 ran at 4K/60FPS/Ultra on my 1080.

Administrator
    Little surprised to see this, FM7 is being end-of-life'd on September 15th, and will no longer be available to purchase. I get that this happens to games, but it seems surprising that it's happening before FM8 is anywhere near being a thing.