Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport

There's not a ton of information out there for this, but it is well summarized here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/...t-Announcement

Q: When will Forza Motorsport be released?
    A: Currently in early development, Forza Motorsport will run at 4K, 60fps with scenes connected and dynamic. We can’t wait to share more details.

Q: What platforms will I be able to play Forza Motorsport on?
    A: Forza Motorsport will be available on Xbox Series X, Windows 10 PC and on Xbox Game Pass.

Q: Why is there no number in the name?
    A: The new Forza Motorsport is a re-imagination of the Motorsport franchise. We are taking what has made Motorsport great over the last 15 years and pairing that with new game concepts.

Q: Why is there a new logo?
    A: The new Forza Motorsport is a re-imagination of the Motorsport franchise. We are taking what has made Motorsport great over the last 15 years and pairing that with new game concepts.

Q: Will there be a cover car?
    A: We don’t have anything to announce at this time.
    What I find most intriguing is the currently listed compatible systems, which leaves out the XBox Series S. More likely an oversight than admitting that their new non-4K system won't play the game at all, I think.

Hopefully we'll be able to add some more useful information to this soon.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; January 19th, 2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    That is a bizarre Q&A. I like that the first answer literally had nothing to do with the question.

Junior Potato
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but this has got to be the racing game that I’m least interested in. I’ll follow along to see if it turns out to be good, but I found Forza 7 to be so bad that I have low hopes for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but this has got to be the racing game that I’m least interested in. I’ll follow along to see if it turns out to be good, but I found Forza 7 to be so bad that I have low hopes for this one.
    If you're comfortably playing on PC, then I can completely understand your standpoint.

Fascinating. I'm guessing they are doing a live service potentially. Something I'd wish they'd just do with Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I assume this is a refusal to acknowledge Project Cars 3 as a racing game which I am completely on board with.

Junior Potato
    Ha! I forgot that game existed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If you're comfortably playing on PC, then I can completely understand your standpoint.
    Well one thing I would note is that this board started as a GT forum back in the day, then it leaned heavily towards Forza when FM2 came out, and since then it really hasn't leaned back to GT, despite (in my opinion) GT Sport being a far superior game. Nowadays GTXF is all about politics I suppose

I guess the main factor there is the ownership of Xbox Ones far outstrips PS4 ownership among you lot, or did when these games were fresh on the market.

But I do genuinely hope that this new Forza Motorsport manages to greatly improve its driving dynamics, because I'm totally up for rekindling the days of us being able to get together and cut some laps.

Administrator
    For me, the hard part is just finding the time to do it. Even when I can set aside some time, being able to have it be uninterrupted is a real challenge.

As I remember it, Forza and the XBox had solid online play and communication figured out first, so a lot of us ended up there, but many have migrated back or gotten both. As far as actually having groups get on and play, that doesn't really happen in any racing games anymore. Schedules, kids, time zones, people only wanting to participate if they are competitive, etc. It's much easier to dive into something where pausing, AFK moments, and varied skill levels don't cause major issues.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I can't remember the last Forza I played. 2, maybe??