Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 eff yeah

One must be under some sort of influence speeding that much... perhaps he was trying to kill himself for whatever reasons...

Administrator
    It's not at all unheard of of people driving that fast on surface streets near me. I wouldn't be shocked if it was intentional and not "under the influence", though I see the LASD are trying to explain it away by saying he mixed up the gas and the brake. You'd have to mix those up for a long time to get up to 87.

Good argument to make all cars manuals though, if you think you're having unintended acceleration, just push in the clutch.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    the CIA's report on astral projection had been released, in full for the first time since 1983.

it is quite up to date with science, actually.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    The owner of the unit where I rent wants to sell. We’ve told the real estate agent since we first found out around new-year that we would dearly love to stay on if an investor buys, as we are an established and ready-made group of tenants.

Meanwhile the sales team has been in the ear of the owner telling them they’ll get more for the property if they renovate: carpets, paint, the lot.

So we’ve been given notice to leave. We have to be out in two months, into a crowded and cut-throat rental market.

Fuck.

Administrator
    Oh man, that sucks. Hopefully you'll find something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    The owner of the unit where I rent wants to sell. We’ve told the real estate agent since we first found out around new-year that we would dearly love to stay on if an investor buys, as we are an established and ready-made group of tenants.

Meanwhile the sales team has been in the ear of the owner telling them they’ll get more for the property if they renovate: carpets, paint, the lot.

So we’ve been given notice to leave. We have to be out in two months, into a crowded and cut-throat rental market.

Fuck.
    That's awful.

Junior Potato
    Yeah it's shit. I am wasting no time and went to an inspection yesterday where 20 other people showed up, and another this morning where 40 showed up.

Yesterday's application has already been processed and knocked back, but today's looks more promising: two of my references contacted me to let me know they got a call and the online application has at least been viewed by the agent.

But... I am bummed that we have to move. I felt a bit down today about it and that will only get worse over the next few weeks. I have been here since December 2013 and have got good friends who live a few houses away. Plus two cats, one of which is currently snuggled so hard up against my elbow that it is annoying to type. THEY come first. Fuck the humans that accompany me at this point, who I've only known for a short time. The cats come first.

That is really a bummer..., hope things work out for you and your cats!

Renovictions are a big problem in my home town of Halifax right now because the market is so hot. It is an easy way for a landlord to increase rents and evict tenants who would otherwise be protected by law. When I lived there, the rent could only go up 4% a year. I do not know if that law still exists. Want to increase the rent you charge your tenants more than 4%? Just renovict, then charge whatever you want.

Renovict? Hah! 1st time hearing that term... Haven't been in the rental market for a while...

Moral of the story is to try to buy a place of your own. Best defense against 'renovictions'!

I might be in the rental market soon... as a landlord! Took advantage of the low interest rate and did a cashout refi and was able to use the equity of my current home as down payment for a new home we're purchasing in Seattle area. Hoping to move to Seattle sometime this year, but transfer is not approved yet. However, we bought a place anyway just in anticipation... Which ever house we end up living in, the other one would become an investment property and the tenants will be helping us pay the mortgage.

I'm feeling like a Wall Street asshole... leveraging other people's money (banks and renters) in order to make more money for myself...

Hope things work out... Real estate bubble is scary, but as long as I don't lose my job for too long, we should be okay...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 13th, 2021 at 10:11 AM.