Thread: USB-C -> DP introduces horizontal scrolling lines?

USB-C -> DP introduces horizontal scrolling lines?

Has anyone heard of this before? I can't find any info on the subject. Now that I'm hooking up triple monitors for sim racing I need to use more of the outputs on the back of my 2070. Problem is mine only has two DP, one HDMI, and one USB-C. HDMI is no good for high refresh rates, and it turns out this USB-C port can output like a DP port. Great. So I bought this adapter but I see subtle yet noticeable scrolling horizontal lines on whichever screen is using the USB-C port.

I'm thinking it's the adapter itself, but before I fork out $30 on a 6' USB-C to DP cable, are there any other ideas? Cable too close to something or other?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The "answered questions" section of the adapter says that it's not been tested in 1080p @ 240Hz, So I would think that maybe the product is not designed for higher demand applications, either that or the item is defective.

Edit: There seems to be a market niche for higher refresh-rate cables. Seems like you're going to have to take out another bill from the wallet, mister. I think they start at around 20 bucks.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; January 29th, 2021 at 11:22 AM.
    acket.