Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My TV died.

Wow, she just does not love you at all, where are her priorities

She loves her work more than me. I just accept it.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm waiting for mine to die. 9 year old 60" Plasma.... I can't justify buying a new one with it being "functional". Though, I don't think she cares, at all.

I'm very gunshy with thunderstorms/lightning, having had my childhood house hit three years in a row, and office twice. So I unplug everything at the first sign of a storm.

When we went on our trip a couple years ago for 3 weeks, I unplugged everything except the TV, got home, all excited, and then it turned on. Motherfucker.

My 10+ year old Mitsu RPTV had its 3rd bulb blow last year, and I took that as an opportunity to get a suddenly discounted Sony 65" LED. It's not fully HDMI 2.1 compliant, so it probably will never support 120 fps or variable refresh rate, but it looks beautiful and I leave it on for 8+ hours a day while working from home without me worrying about burn in, and the Android TV functionality is quite nice.

I do not use my TVs as TVs, so none of that built-in stuff is relevant to me. I used to joke that the only station my TV gets is Playstation.

Female Masturbatory Aid

Is it possible that I watch videos of Cam playing a video game on my TV more than Cam watches videos of anything on his TV...

Or do you just mean that you watch things on it, but only through a computer interface?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    My 10+ year old Mitsu RPTV had its 3rd bulb blow last year, and I took that as an opportunity to get a suddenly discounted Sony 65" LED. It's not fully HDMI 2.1 compliant, so it probably will never support 120 fps or variable refresh rate, but it looks beautiful and I leave it on for 8+ hours a day while working from home without me worrying about burn in, and the Android TV functionality is quite nice.
    What model is yours?

I have a 2018 Sony X900E and it supports 120Hz at 1080p.

If it’s one of the 2020 models there’s a high chance that there’s a software update available to unlock 120Hz at 4K and VRR.

X950H

Coincidentally, it just updated today. I do not know what that update did, though.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Is it possible that I watch videos of Cam playing a video game on my TV more than Cam watches videos of anything on his TV...
    Uh, I watch YouTube videos on my TV, but in a browser window. That is the closest I get to watching TV on my TV.

I don't even watch movies anymore. Lori and I just finished the latest season of The Expanse, but we watched it on her computer.