Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My TV died.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Uh, I watch YouTube videos on my TV, but in a browser window. That is the closest I get to watching TV on my TV.

I don't even watch movies anymore. Lori and I just finished the latest season of The Expanse, but we watched it on her computer.
    We just started season 2... Watching on the projector, from the PC app. LOL

I use the pc for most of my "TV" watching now. Both Amazon and Netflix allow you to download shows on their apps, instead of streaming them.

Not sure it really makes a difference... But I pretend that it does.

I have two older panny plasmas that are still going. Since we are in Tampa (advertised lightning capital) they have been hit a few times by lightning and repaired. But it’s not the power interface that gets the damage. Mine have both been damaged via the HDMI ports. My 50” only has one working port and my son now has the older 47” in his room where all HDMI ports are gone and we run his PS4 through a component/hdmi converter box. No damage to our 1yr old A8G OLED yet. Both PS4s have had their LAN connections replaced due to lightning as well. Wireless still works but with online racing I needed the best connection working.

I’m thinking the lightning strikes are so close that the static electricity just kills really fragile stuff.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    you lost me at "repaired". I take that as an opportunity for an upgrade.

My Sony A8G OLED died a few days ago. Very upset. Displayed some screen issues starting a few months ago. Contacted Sony who said fuck off...TV is 2 months out of warranty. Top of the line set...fuckers. Dealt with it over the last few months until a few days ago it decided to turn off after 10secs being turned on and displaying red blinking lights. Did everything I could to figure out the issue until i said fuck it.

Went down to Best Buy and bought a LG C1 OLED. AND got the 5yr warranty. New TV is better than the A8G but it pisses me off that it only lasted just over a year.

Junior Potato
    Is there any part of your consumer laws that states that you should expect a reasonable life of service for an item that expensive?

If there is, then write a nice letter to Sony.

Administrator
    Might have some protection if you bought it with a credit card. Otherwise, I've felt like Sony seems to do that a lot, I ran into a lot of their devices (apart from Playstations, thankfully) that seemed to last just slightly longer than their warranties.

I got the LG CX 65". They're really nice.

I’ve been rocking my LG B6 Oled for a few years, no real complaints

Probably another 2-3 years left before I switch to OLED. 15 year old plasma coming up soon!!

Honestly the LG C1 seems to be better quality. The OS on it is better as well. The actual viewing experience is definitely better.