Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My TV died.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Probably another 2-3 years left before I switch to OLED. 15 year old plasma coming up soon!!
    Preach it brother! Still rocking my Pioneer 'kuro' from 2008.

You’ll change your tune when you switch to OLED

2 Panasonic Plasmas still working in my house and the difference is quite noticeable.

I'd like to eventually get an OLED, but the Panasonic plasma that I bought in 2010 keeps trucking along.

It had a board short out right after the factory warranty expired (good thing I got the extended SquareTrade warranty), but the warranty replacement part is still going. The TV made a buzzing sound during very light/bright scenes (common issue) for a while, but that seems to have ceased. Why? Don't know!

Guy I know who lived across from me gave me a 65" TCL when he moved, but it's one of the more entry level TVs. It makes no claims of dimming zones or local dimming, so I'm going to assume that grayish dark scenes will annoy me.

Yeah for the brief period I had my Panasonic Plasma and LG OLED at the same time, the OLED made the Plasma look like trash almost right away, and I *loved* my Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post

2 Panasonic Plasmas still working in my house and the difference is quite noticeable.
    I'm sure it's better - but why bother switching if it works fine?

You shouldn’t bother at all if you aren’t interested in 4K and the highest picture quality. If you are happy then no need to spend the money.

Yeah, I'd be happy to have a higher quality picture. But IN A WORLD where I can't find a PS5 for less than usd800 and I'm still running a 6700K with a 1070 on a 120HZ 34" 21:9 monitor I think I might as well save the dosh for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post

I'm sure I will but every year LG's new range comes out I keep telling myself not until my plasma dies 😅