Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Tbe PPF on the Z4 turned yellow and took the paint off when it was removed, and that was while using a heat gun.
    Do you know when it was first installed? PPF has gotten better in recent years. T's M3 had yellowing PPF and it was replaced a couple years ago with new stuff. No paint peeled off. The newer film was slightly thinner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I showed up when Bryan's dreams came true in Ohio, had to do the same for you

If anyone else has any dreams that they're realizing near me, let me know!
    Best comment I've read in a while.

Love seeing that you and Cam finally met after these years of online friendship!

No idea on the Z4. It was a 2008 model that I got from Scottsdale, AZ. I bought it in 2019 or so. Maybe the extra harsh weather in AZ took it's toll.

Awesome pics! I cannot see any chips or any thing wrong with the wheels at all!

Just enjoy the car and take care of it the best you can. Don't worry about resale value... and don't worry about keeping it in show room conditions... just enjoy it and don't let it end up 'owning' you!

Very cool.

Upon Cuda's recommendation, I got a Dr Color Chip kit to fill in the rock chips, and 2-3 layers later it looks pretty good! I was nervous until I re-read the last step and it said to rub gently and then "buff" with the microfiber cloth, which I took to mean it was hard/fast rubbing and I was right, and all of the discolored excessive paint came off.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, cuda is the kinda man who rarely steers, but whenever he steers, he probably won’t steer you wrong!

Layers eh? I've only tried that once or twice actually. Did you layer big chips, small chips, scratches, or... ? This reminds me I need to order some white touch-up.

Itty bitty chips. The YouTube video I saw said and showed that sometimes you would need multiple passes/layers, and I noticed the chip was better but not matching after my first application so I just kept doing it until it did.

Junior Potato
    Keef, I gotta ask, do you spot your car in the garage every morning and just stand there for 10 minutes gawking at it with a huge grin on your dial?

No, don't be silly!

But it is the background on my phone. And computer. And my avatar on my work profiles for Office and WebEx. And one of the albums that rotates on my TV screensaver.

And I was trying to decide if I was going to get a print to hang on my wall in addition to or in replacement of my Arizona rental pictures.

And sometimes I decide where I'm going to have a meal based on my ability to sit where I can see the car.
    Get that weak shit off my track