Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I did already get it a little sideways on accident making a 90 degree left from a stop to get onto an onramp.
    Please don’t wreck it before your first car payment like someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Beware, wraps look terrible if they aren't done right. Seen a few on my neck of the woods on your bread-and-butter Japanese drift hacks and... uggggh.
    It's not a serious consideration, the red is very nice.

Jason -
    I'm driving it very gingerly, this was one of those "I'll accelerate a little faster from a stop to easily clear these cars" and it just stepped out for a split second, and didn't rotate past the direction I was trying to go. But yeah, since then I'm just more cautious making tight turns from a stop and often waiting for a larger opening.

An interesting thing I'm noticing: because of the rolling resistance, engine braking, and digital speedometer, it feels more difficult to maintain a constant speed on the highway w/o cruise control.

Also, I'm still working on consistently getting into fifth gear. But I haven't even gone through a quarter tank yet, so I think that's reasonable.

I was looking into updating the maps, and it requires buying a USB stick with the new info for $100+ and letting the car idle for 50 minutes while it updates. Unless it becomes an issue, I'll likely stick with my old maps supplemented with Android Auto (I still prefer using the car's navigation because of the directions being displayed in the HUD and dash).
    Get that weak shit off my track

Saw this on Twitter last night. Good on you, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    An interesting thing I'm noticing: because of the rolling resistance, engine braking, and digital speedometer, it feels more difficult to maintain a constant speed on the highway w/o cruise control.
    The M6 is like this in 1-4 for sure; if you're not on it, the speed comes right back down.

So awesome dude.
    And so damn happy for you! A friggin' Grand Sport!!

As I said before, so happy for you friend. Well deserved!

Seriously awesome, and in a way an inspiration to the rest of us that dreams do come true.

Junior Potato
    So…

How are you going to fit this new one into the lounge room to display next to your scale model Corvettes?

Not until I get the house from Speed Racer where the garage and living room are combined. Currently the garage and the rest of the house are on different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Seriously awesome, and in a way an inspiration to the rest of us that dreams do come true.
    Dreams do come true, but they also become real. I'm going to be spending a large amount of money every month for 5 years for something that will spend 99% of its time effectively invisible to me. It is a depreciating asset which does not fix any major issues more effectively than a vehicle I could have bought outright with the down payment.

It is proof that I got this far in life and couldn't think of anything better to commit to spend more than a year's worth of net salary on than a bright red toy for myself, rather than child care, education, and trips for the family I don't have and likely never will at this point.