Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy F1 2021

Seriously, this fantasy season has opened my eyes about how competitive the rest of the field is... best season ever for team suck? Balki won handily without the need for any points from Mercedes nor RB! If this had been one of those usual runaway HAM train, obviously the results won't end like this.

Also have new found respect for Sainz now. The guy could just jump from team to team and managed to do pretty darn well.

I think next season should be even more exciting! Just hope FIA gets its act more together...

Well done everyone.
    Happy with 3rd, the team faded over the season, but still managed a podium.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I think next season should be even more exciting! Just hope FIA gets its act more together...
    I'm pretty jaded about the actual F1 season. They had a great TV product and they managed to over-script it, it's almost as if J. J. Abrams ran the show.

I truly don't know that I can keep my interest for next year, they'd have to get rid of Masi, offer some other changes, and then the new chassis must show it works as intended.

But i can't see them making any sensible changes, it's going to be money, money, money, and millennials and their short attention spans.
    acket.

I was looking forward to coming back and watching next year. If the FIA doesn't make some kind of effort to correct what happened then I won't be back.

At least NASCAR is up front about their contrived events.

Junior Potato
    I don't think they should fire Masi, but at least admit something along the lines of: this is what choices we had, this why it was a difficult decision, sorry it turned out this way.

But F1 is built upon ivory towers so this is very unlikely to happen, which means, if it did happen, then it would be something.

Speaking of NASCAR, on a scale of 1 to 10, how close do you think this final lap was to how terrible the chase system has been at making sure the most dominant driver doesn't win the title?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    This is the editorial from Keith Collantine:

As the television broadcast showed, FIA Formula 1 race director Michael Masi was under pressure throughout the event from the Mercedes and Red Bull camps on which calls to make. While this may have been defensible as far as incidents involving their drivers go, it was completely inappropriate for them to be telling him how to handle the aftermath of a crash and resumption of the race. It’s time to put a stop to this kind of mid-race lobbying.
    Masi's position is untenable, IMO.
    acket.

Imagine Charlie Whiting whining about the teams lobbying to him.

Heh.

Well RWA the most dominant driver this season did win the championship so I’m not sure your point

Junior Potato
    I knew you’d misinterpret what I wrote