Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen off tw配ter: What car* deserves a rebirth?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Another problem is there's only four or five companies that could realistically open up a new market niche or revitalize a dying one.
    acket.

If this is about what would actually be viable in the US market, I'm going to say nothing. If cars are viable in the market, they stick around or their need is fulfilled by other vehicles.

But, if we're talking about personal dreams, or an automaker making a car out of sheer stubborness or because they still want a halo/purity car (like the Miata, or like Mitsubishi somehow still existing in the US passenger car market), I'll second the Lancer Evo and RX-7.

Mitsu remaining in the US surprises me like every year - I drive by some random dealership and go "Huh? Guess they're still around." The Lancer I drove as a rental a few years ago was so utterly terrible that I was shocked it was actually available to consumers.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Mitsu remaining in the US surprises me like every year - I drive by some random dealership and go "Huh? Guess they're still around." The Lancer I drove as a rental a few years ago was so utterly terrible that I was shocked it was actually available to consumers.
    Be grateful you drove that and not the Mirage. What an awful little penalty box.

RX7 and Lancer Evo are great choices.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    you know what? I think Renault can pull off the Thing. their ancient B-B0 platform (Clio/Versa/Logan) could show up one day as a t-topped ute.
    acket.

In all honesty.

I think a Porsche 944 based off the 86 and the 300hp 2.0 turbo flat 4 from the 718 would be a solid improvement to the basic car. Add an S trim for the 2.5l 350hp would be amazing.

S2000

Since I’ll never be able to afford a NSX

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    S2000 is a good choice, but it's another one of those, don't expect we'll ever see one with the same setup, 9,000 RPM redline etc....unless they can get a K24 engine to do those kind of revs reliably....that would be sweet.

I don't really like the new NSX anyway, it feels very "generic video game supercar" look to me.

Funny, because the OG was often confused for a Camaro, by the masses.