Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stolen off tw°tter: What car* deserves a rebirth?

And that is RWD.

it doesn't especially matter if it's FWD or RWD to me, you'll note all the above I listed are front tuggers ;-).

I've owned and raced every front rear four and mid variety, so I'm not really biased that way.

Have I mentioned if I had F you money I'd want to take a Mk7 GTI and put a VQ35HR up front and do a RWD conversion? It'd be so stupid but cool.

Also yes, MR2 should have a rebirth, there's something about cheap reliable mid-engined fun.

How much money is ‘F you’ amount of money?

Toyota probably should resurrect the MR2 and maybe have a fancy 4wd hybrid version with Prius electric power train in front and Corolla power train in rear… take as much advantage of all their mass produced parts as possible…

Of course they could also have a lighter rwd only version…, but the problem would be that could they make the updated MR2 better than the 86? Probably not.

So they’ll have to make this new mr2 cheaper. As cheap as a Corolla?

Probably won’t be a huge market for such a car… and Toyota probably won’t just do it for fun…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 10th, 2021 at 10:38 AM.

Yeah a new MR2 would either have to be stupid cheap or try to slot in between the GR 86 and Supra, a gap that is narrowing with the GR 86 price likely going up a bit and the 4cyl Supra being an option.

Either that or the MR2 becomes an electric/hybrid premium car at C8 level pricing and performance. But then is it really an MR2?

F you money is way more than I'll ever have and that V6 GTI project would be after buying 10 other fun cars and a garage big enough for them all.

The Maverick is what the new Ranger should have been. I was very let down when the Ranger was just a detuned F-150. That doesn't really help the thread since the Maverick is already coming to production.

Wasn't Maverick a car?

I don't quite understand how Ford cars kept on getting reborn into truck and SUVs...

Just to save a few bucks with applying for copyright for the new names?

Anyway, I did think of an old car I'd like to see reborn... that's the DeLorean!

Maybe Elon Musk could bring a stainless steel sports car with gullwing doors back after the success of Cybertruck? Actually I don't need it to be called the same thing... just make it cheaper than the truck and call it the Cybertrackcar.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 14th, 2021 at 08:36 AM.