Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowrunner

Also, I have a hat.

hat.jpg

I completed every contract and task currently available in the game. I had a go at some trials the other day with mixed success. Unlike the regular game, you have to complete a trial in one sitting. As far as I can tell, you can't save it and come back to it. One of the tasks is to search for three trucks and tow them back to the village without using the map. I cheated a bit and peeked at a map online before doing it, so it took me about an hour. If I did not do that, it may have taken me hours. The first trial in the list is to reach all the waypoints in a certain amount of time. I was not successful, despite trying about ten times. I watched a video yesterday of someone completing the trial. I was having trouble in one spot in particular that I know how to overcome now. I look forward to the next DLC, but it's not due for a few months yet.

40% off on Steam right now.

New DLC today!

I've spent 820 hours in this game. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it and the DLC, but it's less than $50. That's like $0.06 an hour. AWESOME VALUE.
    Last edited by Cam; October 13th, 2022 at 04:14 AM.

I'm almost at 900 hours in this game. Did I say AWESOME VALUE?

I feel like the latest DLC has more stuff to do than ever. It's not all that difficult to get around, but the four maps are big, striking a good balance. It's nowhere near as challenging as Amur, but the sheer number of contracts and tasks will keep you busy for quite a while. Farming is kind of menial, but there are only a handful of missions where you need to use the tractor. It's boggling to me that the game is still buggy, however. I noticed major bugs in the new DLC, especially in multiplayer. Thankfully, I've been able to work around them.

New DLC dropped today.

New DLC day: British Columbia.

I passed 1000 hours in this game.

BC is great! Only two maps, but they are huge with challenging terrain, interesting things to do and nice scenery. I like it. After Amur, it seemed like they significantly dialed back the difficulty to the point where it was easy to get around. They brought the challenge back up to a better balance, I think.

I just started playing this again a few days ago. I'm in Alaska. I just have the one awful Soviet jeep thing, it takes absolutely ages to get anywhere
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Wait, if you are in Alaska, why do you only have a Russian jeep? I think it is worth your while to complete Michigan first, just so you will have some reasonable trucks. Michigan is also easier to get around.

When I started a second playthrough, I jumped to Taymyr after Michigan and skipped Alaska. I wanted the Tayga and the Tatarin, arguably two of the best vehicles, which can be found there.