Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Forza Horizon 5

Administrator
    I generally have the radio turned off, but of course jumping into the new DLC helpfully turned it back on for me. It started out with a Bad Religion song so I figured I'd give it a chance.

It's back off now.

Junior Potato
    Turn radio on

Tune it to Hospital Records

Leave it there

Administrator
    I would have said something snarky, but I just found out the alternative to having the radio on in the game -- hearing that same looping 1.5 second long helicopter-noise sample for eternity while racing.

It's almost like they have a think tank of ways to be annoying. Like that, the "recommended car" thing, and just this series of other choices that seem like extra work on their end just to make the experience worse.

It's too bad the physics model is so entertaining, otherwise I would have ditched this long ago.

Oh, I wholehearteadly agree.
    Physics model? Fun (I'd love a race focused Forza with these physics... no, not FM). Graphics? Great.
    All the rest seems all out to annoy you to hell or to render thing uselessly convoluted.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Glad i didn't buy this for full price then, like i did for FH3 and possibly FH4. I might just wait till it goes stupid cheap and get it then. Starting to get a bit over the way the races etc are done in these games. I find them all a chose and try get them out of the way as soon as i can so i can get to the more interesting stuff like collecting things. Or just driving around.

Administrator
    Don't get me wrong, it's still a fun game, and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. But much like FH4, some of the design decisions, especially around the UI, are just baffling. And, despite those choices being roundly derided by the community, they just insist on sticking to those choices. They're not even ones that encourage you to spend real money or anything to get around them, they're just odd, annoying things that feel like they could be much easier dealt with.

Like, for example, I'd love a "delete all duplicate cars from my garage" feature. Or gift them in bulk.

https://www.racedepartment.com/news/...27-april.1026/

A mini oval track and three kinda race cars.
    LOL. This game is quickly going down the drain with their "for 12 year old shitheads" attitude.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 24th, 2023 at 02:11 AM.

Junior Potato
    I thought the game started there and built upwards.

Except that 12 year old shit heads are actual legends because they like drum’n’bass.

I’d never have waltzed into Forza Horizon expecting anything more.